It's snowing

Good old dose here in NW Leics this evening, seemed to come from nowhere, it's been blue skies all day and the radar hardly shows anything.

Roads totally white now, even the main ones.

EDIT

Locky I'm just down from you, past Coalville. Nice to know it's the same there as I have to drive to Ashby late tonight!

It's ok, I is all growed up & stuff, and had my anti-static wristband on, just in case. ;-)

The photo was taken from beside the track, but the whole track is protected at that spot by a wide wooden walkway. It's part of an old public path across farm land, but at no point did I forget there was a chance of putting a foot onto a rail. I wasn't sure whether the live would be connected under the conditions, but I had no intention of finding out.

But thanks for the reminder. It's always good to remember that a full cross section of the UK public (both in terms of age and maturity) hangs around here, and I should have put a warning in my post.

Andrew McP

Don't really want to exagerate the point or 'derail' the thread (excuse the pun) but you do not need to 'stand' on the rail. A glancing rub with the hem of your trousers or even a trailing showlace will be enough to conduct. Should you be unlucky enough to get electrocuted then DC 3rd rail will slowly cook you from the inside out.

The thing is, unlike the overhead lines which run on A.C (25000v) which will certainly kill you, AC throws you away from the line. With DC you 'stick' to it and hence having a comparativley small voltage of 750v passing through your body, causes your muscles to spasm, slowly cooking you from the inside out. I've witnessed all three types of deaths and I would think getting hit and vaporised by a train would be a pleasant way to go in comparison so best just to keep clear of the railway full stop as there are more dangerous things than trains on railway infastructure!!!

/rant

Last edited:
nottingham update anyone? supposed to be going around 3pm on the train from leeds

I got a train from Notts today, it was delayed three times, then I got another one which was delayed twice. Then a train had broken down somewhere else so was stuck in the train in Notts for a further 15mins so lots disruptions around there.

Just be prepared for waiting around in the cold for delayed trains :p

I have my own weather station too.

It is on the top of my house, linked via RF to the home server and ftps my website automatically :-) I am right on the edge of the South Coast and the sea is just down the road.

Here are the guages,

http://www.pinter75.com/weather/gauges.htm

Here are the current trends

http://www.pinter75.com/weather/trends.htm

Ahh you use Cumulus too...

How the flipping heck do you get it to work..
I've followed all the help file instructions but all I get is this. :(
http://www.ashlyn.plus.com/weatherwatch/

Good old dose here in NW Leics this evening, seemed to come from nowhere, it's been blue skies all day and the radar hardly shows anything.

Roads totally white now, even the main ones.

EDIT

Locky I'm just down from you, past Coalville. Nice to know it's the same there as I have to drive to Ashby late tonight!

I live in woodville which isn't far from Ashby, and we have had a good 4 to 5 inchies now.

Well there were a few spots of rain just now in Surrey, but according to the weather forecasts we will be getting a lot more. The rain will go nicely with our 1 inch of snow we had this week...

Back
Top Bottom