It's snowing

Wish it would all melt here! Not been able to get to work since Tuesday, and working as a delivery driver with already stupid levels of parcels I hate to think how much backlog there will be on Monday if I can even get in, let alone deliver round the hilliest parts of Sheffield :(

Went to bed with the most snow I've seen in easily over a decade, upon rising I'd have to look hard to see signs that it actually snowed. Can barely see a trace.

Anyone else think certain parts of the country have dealt with this all wrong?

I'm from Sheffield, and its utter crap. The roads are still covered with snow in certain areas. Was talking to my dad, who had plant hire business.

2 of the local councils have REFUSED to use Contractors for snow ploughs! An average of 40 available snow ploughs from farmers, are not been used. (i know this as im from farming environment, and talk to a lot of other farmers)

What are they playing at :(

Fed up now with it haha, No mail for 3 days, and non till at least Wednesday according to local office.

Wish it would all melt here! Not been able to get to work since Tuesday, and working as a delivery driver with already stupid levels of parcels I hate to think how much backlog there will be on Monday if I can even get in, let alone deliver round the hilliest parts of Sheffield

Really feel for you guys delivering parcels! Im on outskirts of chesterfield my self near Rother valley country park, right on top of a hill. :(

the drive way on the first night :(

file.php

Last edited:
I don't know if it's still the case, but certainly here a few years ago the council had contracts with local farmers to clear the back roads.

Yeah they still do in certain areas, My dad used to have 10 machines out with snow ploughs to clear certain routes.

But the 2 local councils (Sheffield and Rotherham) this year and last year, decided they "wasn't needed" and have informed them they are not allowed on the roads with snow ploughs.

The other local, Doncaster, is using farm machinery, and there ploughs, and all there roads are now clear, and moving, where as Sheffield/Rotherham are still pretty much blocked.

It's actually warm today in Nottingham, it's melting very fast, I've seen 4 or 5 foofs avalanche off clear in the last hour.

Just had an almighty crack and bang outside...... it was snow moving off the roof, although it has ripped the guttering, and a small piece of fascia board off while it was at it.

Great weather :(

Been raining in Stoke all day pretty much. But there's still quite a lot of snow around especially on the pavements. I imagine that in a few hours when we drop back below 0 they'll be a death trap. :(

Back
Top Bottom