It's snowing

we have rain now and its slowley melting the snow on the roof of the house, but not any other snow :(

Down side is it just broke most of the brackets holding the guttering up :(

Still plenty of snow here just outside Belfast. Couple of pics from walk this morning.

Snowy%20road%20web.jpg

Icy%20road%201%20web.jpg

Fog%20arriving%20web.jpg

Frozen%20web%20web.jpg

Last one isn't exactly snow but the old spiders are having a hard time with their homes too. :p

Finally melting away here in Newcastle, after more than a week of it settling, we are hearing huge crashes of snow falling down from rooftops. A 3m x 2m x 25cm block just slid off my roof just now, right past the velux! :D

i often wonder what is wrong with people. Everyone moaning about the snow, and they are "glad" its raining today... How the hell can you be glad its raining?

Because it means I can drive to within half a mile of my house again for the first time since Tuesday?
Because it means I can get some mail?
Because it means I don't have to walk 30 minutes in 6" of snow to catch a train that's delayed or cancelled with no notice?
Because it means there was no ice on my 2 hour round commute to work?
Because it means my wife can get back to her new job which started on Monday and she's only been able to get in for 2 days?

You're right, it's baffling.

Because it means I can drive to within half a mile of my house again for the first time since Tuesday?
Because it means I don't have to walk 30 minutes in 6" of snow to catch a train that's delayed or cancelled with no notice?
Because it means my wife can get back to her new job which started on Monday and she's only been able to get in for 2 days?

It is since snow/ice is not a problem if the councils do their jobs properly

*nods* anything to get rid of some of the snow!

Had to take annual leave since Tuesday, meaning the skiing holiday I had planned in January is now most likely out the window. And I've got probably about 500 backlogged parcels to deliver thats before next week.

Going to attempt getting to work tomorrow and try and cut into some of the backlog :(

Because I can't get to work, it's 25 miles away. There were no trains running, the only car to get off my street was an X5 and that was after a day of digging. Even the main roads, you could not see tarmac for the snow. I drive an MR2 and there was absolutely no way I could make it to work.

As a further update, ice continued to melt in the Coulsdon area and everywhere else on the way to central London. Parked on my drive for the first time since Tuesday last night!

No ice on the main roads at all and side roads are slushy. Still easy to spin a wheel or lock up on the side roads.

Because I can't get to work, it's 25 miles away. There were no trains running, the only car to get off my street was an X5 and that was after a day of digging. Even the main roads, you could not see tarmac for the snow. I drive an MR2 and there was absolutely no way I could make it to work.

Yes, but why annual leave?

Back
Top Bottom