It's snowing

But that’s all we are getting today, a pathetic sprinkling of the white stuff. I hear that a couple of inches have bought NI to its knees. :p

A bit more than a sprinkle, I would say half a foot has come down. All the salt was washed of the roads a few hours before it started and it lay right from the word go. Not to worry the christmas holidays are starting for a lot of people, anyone out driving in that needs their head seen to.

Its about 2cm here in Coulsdon. Just the right amount as far as I'm concerned. It looks nice but isn't putting everything in the crapper.

weston
DSCF2625.jpg

Its been crazy at the Met Office yesterday and today. Glad I don't have to go in tomorrow. I pity those forecasters working tomorrow

Its been crazy at the Met Office yesterday and today. Glad I don't have to go in tomorrow. I pity those forecasters working tomorrow

whats the crack? models don't seem to be able to agree +6hrs never mind +48

Made the super wise decision to go/drive into Belfast last night to see a movie at the cinema when the snow fall was well under way.

On the way down the motorway into Belfast it was literally, 20mph, no faster and you could have counted more than ten cars (easily) that had been wrote off at the other side coming out of Belfast. Obviously a lot of them had tried to speed through it, no doubt. :o

Anyway, we get to the cinema and literally, we were one of probably ten cars (max) in the carpark. Made our way into the building and again, bar the staff, it seems like we were the only ones there.

After the movie, we come out and there's tons of people going into clubs etc. :confused:

Drive home was pretty humbling in terms of realising just how untrained I am at driving in the snow. At least two or three junctions on a hill I literally sat there for AGES trying to get moving. :D

Eventually left the people off I had been with and then tried to get home myself. Managed not to wreck the car or anything but couldn't actually manage to get it up my hill (which I live on.) And so it had to be parked down the road from house for the night.

Mental note to self: don't try and drive in heavy snow.

Can't believe how bad it was in town last night, took me half an hour to move 100yards in the town centre. The City Council in their wisdom decided not to bother gritting or salting the roads, result carnage.

Never seen anything like it.

Back
Top Bottom