It's snowing

So guys, Just ordered a monitor from OCUK due for delivery on wednesday. Not an awful lot of snow round here roads just about still going and I did actually see the DPD van today in town, Think I may see it this side of Christmas?

Just been out in ours. About 4-6 inches i'd say. Had a snowball fight with the girlfriend, she kept getting me in the face with them! :(

It finally stopped snowing here at about 8:30. Curbs on the side of the road are no longer visible but thats the only extent of continuous snow from 9:30AM-8:30PM so it's not that great really.

It's been snowing very heavy in the Medway (Kent) area for the past two odd hours. My wife had to drive us home in a very bad blizzard, with the car nearly sliding out of control on the M2 motorway but thankfully as she is a good driver and sensible, we got home safely - she did lose it a few times in the country roads though :D

I must say some drivers, including Lorry drivers are so stupid - speeding along even though visibility was poor and the road was covered in snow.

Snowing again in Telford, I have a 3 month meeting tommorrow at the job centre, last time i signed on and there was some kind of white stuff on the ground less then half the staff turned up. I bet none of the staff turn up tommorrow and if i drive in and find out its been cancelled im not going to be happy about it. Wth no money and fuel at a long time high wasting it will drive me mad.

Oh well, atleast all the xmas shopping is done and only a booze trip is left. it could be worse.

This isn't extreme weather, this is just a normal winter that we used to get prior to the 90s.

I would like to agree..... but unfortunately - the record for the lowest temperature on record was broken in Northern Ireland last night (-18C).

Prior to that I think it was 1881 when it may just have got down to -19 (in the south) of Ireland - which doesn't really count. But the records for N.Ireland have been broken - which is my point.

So - If this is a "normal" winter so far - explain what you mean by abnormal ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom