It's snowing

Cool, you already posted that. Unfortunately for you I'm guessing that system has been used for the last 200 years so we can't just randomly change it because it doesn't fit your theory... There will most likely have been dozens of similar winters that are classed as warm over the last couple of hundred years due to one month being very warm, one month being very cold and the rest being average.

Change it for this year and you had better go back and change it for all the rest of the years since records began (probably dooable as they will have the daily records since then), in which case you'll probably find that all winter temperatures will be all over the place and we will end up in a similar situation to now... Stats are meaningless without analysis and that analysis has to be the same every time.
Just because you've been working out the average wrong for 200 years doesn't make it anymore right! Personally I would be amazed if that is really how they work it out, because it is just plain wrong and completely unscientific.

I had a quite a pleasant journey on the way back Home via the M1 last night, hardly anyone on it.

Looks like more people braved the Roads today however.

Went to celebrate a Birthday with Friends last night and it was quite bad in Batford and the country lanes into Dunstable, but not too bad. It seems a lot of it has melted/been gritted (especially noticeable on the way back).

I even got into my Garage as well last night as the soft fine snow was easy to sweep with a hard brush.

Late last night the snow turned to sleet. This morning it looks like some of the snow has been washed away by it. The road and pavement look a little better. There are more birds in the garden then there have been for days.

Snow seems to be melting in Surrey and London, I managed to get to work by motorbike again as all main roads are clear of snow.

I actually was going to work by buses but missed my bus by 30 seconds and the next one was in 30 minutes so I went back home and took my bike out :D

I had a quite a pleasant journey on the way back Home via the M1 last night...

Snap. Went to visit the girlfriends parents on sunday (Sheffield -> Rochester) and came back yesterday. The M1 was horrendous on the way down, a lot of the snow on the road hadnt melted so between junctions 14-6 it was just riding in ice/slush tracks at 15 mph in queues of traffic. Was gone on the way back up which made the roads so lovely and clear - although the only problem was the screen washer jets had frozen over and lorries were throwing up a lot of crap meaning we had to take around 6-7 stops to keep cleaning it.... Sheffield area just seems a bit frosty for the last few days, anything south of birmingham seems white over.

BBC says some now here later. Also BBC 6 Music News just said another band is hitting Midlands/ SE later. Annoying as I have to get a train to Bath tomorrow and the trains around Greenwich are bloody useless in the snow.

Will probably have to get a bus up to the O2 and get the Jubilee Line :(

Last edited:
Two members of our Team couldn't make it in - one who relies on Trains and the other who Drives in, still; we are normally expected to work from Home on 'Snow' Days.

I think I had 1-2 'Snow' Days last year, but I haven't had any this year, so far.

Back
Top Bottom