It's snowing

Fine, just don't complain about snow/delays/lack of gritting then.

As I said doesn't matter to me, I walk, cycle and take the train.

Fine, just don't complain about snow/delays/lack of gritting then.

As I said doesn't matter to me, I walk, cycle and take the train.

I never ever do partly because i've never had trouble getting around :confused: ? In fact i generally go out on purpose to see what all the fuss is about, Including doing the B184 from Romford to cambridge and not getting suck once, Took 3hours mind... lol

Hell, the worst day of last years snow i drove home from Brighton to Romford totally fine, other than the epic hangover. Driving over the Downs you could see where deep snow had drifted over the A23 overnight and yet the road was totally clear.

Then a few days later i drove from Romford to Snetterton, the temperature was -12c and i got to the travelodge with no issues at all. The next day i did a 6hour track day and drove home with -4c temps, no trouble at all.

Last edited:
I'd rather have snow than the horrible floods we had in Braunton yesterday. Took me 2 and a half hours to get to work (via bus/walking/wading :p) and I honestly didn't expect to see the Coastguard outside our shop ever. We had 2 lorries turn up at 5.30am and in the time it took them to drop the goods off they were trapped in and didn't get out until 1pm and that was via the back roads. I'm working tomorrow from 8 until 4 but being the only unaffected shop that sells everyday goods in the village we've been totally obliterated. I am not looking forward to it.

Nooooooo, you'll spoil all the fun..

Snapshot_zps0cd3b5e1.jpg

:D:D

23rd of December and its 12 degrees at 7PM.

I hate mild winters. I actually want some snow just so it at least feels like Christmas :/

Not as snowy as doofski as the current storm is going just below us. Enough for now and it snowed (lightly) on Christmas day as well.

:D

snowy.jpg

It's not cold enough, where is that cold snap we had a few weeks back?

I'm sat at me parents and it's roasting, people forget that it's not that cold outside and put "winter" heating on when it's pretty much spring

BAMP!

Had to drag this thread up from the dead to share this with you:

This is what bbc points west forecaster Ian Fergusson just said on the Netweather.tv forums. Looks like the next couple of weeks will be busy weather wise!

"Very latest UKMO guidance just issued goes for the cold/v cold story predominanting into next week with potential sequence of battleground set-ups of snow to rain and back again in W/SW ; heavy snow potentially in any region; perhaps with a temporary relaxation of pattern but return of cold thereafter (MOGREPS keeping a N'rly well into 10-15d trend period)."

UKMO = UK met office
MOGREPS = computer model they use
N'rly = Northerly flowing wind

Here's a link to the thread and page it's posted on:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75...unting-12z-060113/page__st__1380#entry2468977

Two days later and it's very much on. Oh it's on.

I predict the biggest snow storms for twenty years.

We probably wont get a single flake of snow around my area. We always seem to avoid the worst of it.

Pity too. A big blizzard so strong that it stopped me getting to work would be perfect :p

Not as snowy as doofski as the current storm is going just below us. Enough for now and it snowed (lightly) on Christmas day as well.

:D

Thats one thing I'm really wished I lived in Canada for (tho the reality of living with it probably isn't so fun) I have a friend who used to live in London, Ontario and another near Moose Factory (120 miles north of Cochrane) who'd send the most amazing photos of snow.

Back
Top Bottom