It's snowing

The thing I love most about snow in the UK is how it brings out our inability to deal with it. We get a light dusting and everyone panics. (The managers at work actually go home 2 hours early because they live a 15 minute drive away and worry that they won't get home - ridic). Then we get a couple of cm's and everyone gets stranded, they break out the emergency rations and no-one can go to work, everyone loses the ability to drive and we all curl up at home in front of the fireplace/convection heater, watching the twits on BBC news go on about how everyone is stranded and breaking out the emergency rations in front of the fire.

There's 1766653728 foot of snow overnight in Sweden and they just whack some chains on their tyres, put a fluffy hat on and some gloves, and go on with their daily lives like nothing is different.

Last edited:
oh no 2 to 5cm lol

SHUT_DOWN_EVERYTHING_zpsed8071ec.jpg

Birmingham is starting to see a decent amount of snow so hopefully it'll reach me soon (in the Coventry area).

None up here yet either and i hope it stays that way. It's been mild this winter so far saving us a fortune in heating bills :p

No snow in Carlisle, looking outside it is bright with high white clouds. So look unlikely to snow. Looking over to the Penines you have dark clouds so I may go and have a drive up if it snows:)

Just seen the forecast for Monday. Heavy snow for most of the eastern side of the country, including London and the SE, just in time for the evening rush hour. Could be a snowmageddon situation. Do I WFH on Monday and look weak or go in and risk sleeping in the office Monday night? :eek:

Just seen the forecast for Monday. Heavy snow for most of the eastern side of the country, including London and the SE, just in time for the evening rush hour. Could be a snowmageddon situation. Do I WFH on Monday and look weak or go in and risk sleeping in the office Monday night? :eek:

Look weak and WFH, anything beats getting stuck in a snow blizzard.

Back
Top Bottom