It's snowing

We probably wont get a single flake of snow around my area. We always seem to avoid the worst of it.

Pity too. A big blizzard so strong that it stopped me getting to work would be perfect :p

That would indeed be great, but 99% of the time the snow is only bad enough just to be really annoying, normally only causing you to get home late rather than have a lie-in and miss work.

Better not snow on saturday morning. I have a basketball game outdoors :(

Street ball? Didn't expect any at this time of year.... Where do you play that it is so organised?

Surprised that a game in which it's a foul if you touch someone is ever played outdoors at all tbh.

Just lol... Basketball is an incredibly physical sport, far more so than the likes of football... Non-contact is a complete myth.

Thats one thing I'm really wished I lived in Canada for (tho the reality of living with it probably isn't so fun) I have a friend who used to live in London, Ontario and another near Moose Factory (120 miles north of Cochrane) who'd send the most amazing photos of snow.

We nearly went to Moose Factory, but decided it was a bit too remote.

Anyway rain on Friday/Saturday and unbelievably +7. Still that drops rapidly , and looking to at least 10cm of snow next week and back to -10. The week after, more snow and even colder.

Everything is geared up for it so living with it isn't that difficult. The hardest part is keeping the path clear (to get firewood out of the garage) and make sure that the deck stays under 18" coverage to lessen the risk of collapse.

Just a heads up, it's looking like pretty much everywhere in the UK is going to get snow in the next week, starting from tomorrow. Some places looking to get multiple heavy snowfalls.

Code Yellow

Current alert level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 0949 on Fri 11 Jan 2013

There is a 70% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/snow between 0600 on Saturday and 0600 on Tuesday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

The snow event on Monday may bring 2 to 5cm quite widely across England as it spreads southeastwards, with greater than 5cm falling over hills. This warning may be extended early next week.

Get your cold gear ready.

Can I be the first one to shout

BUGGER OFF SNOW WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

(only because of the country grinding to a halt, and too many people not knowing how to drive in it)

Yeah my car tends to drift round all the corners on the way in and out of the village. Winding roads and they don't get gritted often and it's full of fields and pheasants.

I'm getting a full set of new ones this week. Last time I was skidding about and there was only a thin dusting and little ice so if it's as bad as the news as saying it's going to be, I definitely need better tyres.

*s*******

Yellow snow warning. :D

[edit]
Really?
Sn igger is censored now?

Seriously?

Scunthorpe isn't...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom