It's snowing

In my worst NI accent "DERS A BLIZZARD!!!" :D

Yeah St Albans has gone white again (not in a racist bnp way) and theres loads more to come! Too many people are risking the snow to drive down my street though which is fun to watch, it's not deep enough/frozen yet to qualify fish tailing but I might nip out and get supplies...

In my worst NI accent "DERS A BLIZZARD!!!" :D

Yeah St Albans has gone white again (not in a racist bnp way) and theres loads more to come! Too many people are risking the snow to drive down my street though which is fun to watch, it's not deep enough/frozen yet to qualify fish tailing but I might nip out and get supplies...

According to BBC News panic buying is already well underway so you've missed the boat ;)

Okay so pics of Manchester City Center (taken from my office on the 9th floor on Quay Street)

Spinningfields:
2cpuiwp.jpg

*note that you cant see Salford on this pic, not that you would want to (joke!) but you can normally see further than this!

The RBS Building/ Deansgate:
bjbgp5.jpg

St Albert's Sq/ Deansgate:
ohsfv8.jpg

MCR Town hall and City Tower:
s5iuxx.jpg

So its looking bad out side of the city, all foggy and gray, but roads are clear here...for now...

Last edited:
Pfft sod all in Preston, little wispy floaty flakes that aren't doing jack. Trixilux How was Bolton / Blackburn at your last sighting of them? Usually a good call for decent snowfall around there and I might have to venture up that way

I was making light reference to the fact that Fox seems to praise BMWs. But most BMWs handing of snow have a somewhat negative reputation.

every rwd car will have trouble in snow unless it has 50bhp... and even then it would be problematic :)

rwd - pushes the weight..

fwd - pulls the weight..

you can clearly see why it is handful in snow but its more the drivers that dont get the idea of "snow means slow down, higher gear, avoid hills and best off all get winter tyres ffs"

driving on summer tyres is like rollerblading on an ice rink.

so yeah.. nothing to do with it being "BMW"

Trix that is an awful effort!

2/10 for snow.

Yeah I agree. Should have taken some pics from the house this morning, but it was dark and cold so I got back in bed :o

According to weather reports (local) its meant to get really bad from about 3pm up here, but we shall see...there will not be any snow ball fights in the city center now though

Pfft sod all in Preston, little wispy floaty flakes that aren't doing jack. Trixilux How was Bolton / Blackburn at your last sighting of them? Usually a good call for decent snowfall around there and I might have to venture up that way

Looked pretty good - good spread of the white stuff and accumulating more as I went past (through the fields) on the train this morning, but it was not more than a few cm's thick, but more forecasted to come this afternoon

every rwd car will have trouble in snow unless it has 50bhp... and even then it would be problematic :)

rwd - pushes the weight..

fwd - pulls the weight..

you can clearly see why it is handful in snow but its more the drivers that dont get the idea of "snow means slow down, higher gear, avoid hills and best off all get winter tyres ffs"

driving on summer tyres is like rollerblading on an ice rink.

so yeah.. nothing to do with it being "BMW"

When we had that white out a few years back (Jan 2010?) I lol'd so much at all the high performance cars stranded at the side of the road when I was driving 14 year old white Saxo which had little skinny tires...i just trundled passed all the Lexus's, BMW's, Merc's. That car was so amazing in the snow it was dubbed my Little War Horse by my Grandad :D I miss that car :(

e:
Manchester is snowing now, but not very heavily. It's got potential though.

Yup! Its looking better by the minute!

Back
Top Bottom