It's snowing

The guy who has the sig thread on here (IamChris or something) did mine for me :) I have the full pic of Snoopy on my desk at work :D e: which I have managed to get to cause the snow in Manchester hasn't really taken hold yet...damn could tho!

Has it started at all yet? Deciding whether to leave work early as its pretty bad here in Newcastle UL but there wasn't anything when I left town earlier

Got a good dusting here.
8392127970_1ca3a1dd90_z.jpg

All schools and mountain roads were shut today, this was announced YESTERDAY at lunch time!
All council offices and immediate buildings were shut as of 9:30am... day off for me!

lots come down near reading over the last few hours, getting a bit heavier still, glad i stayed home as one of the lines on my commute is suspended (mental) and i dont think i'd be getting a car back home in a hurry, especially later as it gets worse

Still lightly snowing here. Nothing has been up or down my road yet, so about 6" deep currently (but there's grit underneath it). Tempted to take the Winter tyred 4x4 out just for the lulz.

I just leaned out the window and shoved a ruler down. Probably not the deepest as the roof overhang will be shielding it a bit, and there's only a few feet between the house wall that I'm leaning out of and that ornamental garden wall. I just CBA to go outside :p.

snowdsx.jpg

Four and a half inches

Last edited:
I didn't realise BMW’s were so bad in the snow - Just had the scariest drive ever.
Three crashes and got stuck twice. Luckily passing police helped out. Even in a straight line it's wanting to go sideways.

A BMW with 35 profile run flat tyres = pendulum.

Snow tyres make a hell of a difference :D

Has it started at all yet? Deciding whether to leave work early as its pretty bad here in Newcastle UL but there wasn't anything when I left town earlier

It is snowing here (in the city centre) not really sticking much to the paths and roads though - on the verges and walls etc it is building up - but for once it looks like MCR city council have actually treated the paths and roads well (for a change :rolleyes:)

I live up in the hills between Wigan and Bolton and it is sticking and starting to look quite impressive, but again the roads are quite clear

Can give you an update on Warrington too if you need it :) and will post a pic of the city shortly (from the office window :))

MeteoEarth for iPad - A full 3D scalable weather globe
Not much snow for North Scotland and East England yet.

8392114672_d7a0e0c63e_b.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that men are better drivers than women.

The evidence? Not a single woman has made it into the office today.

Bugger all up here. I'd say there's an even inch or two at best over all the fields and the roads are all clear and just wet. Boring! On my way down south so hopefully I'll see some better results elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom