It's snowing

I got to try and get my bloody windscreen wipers to work,the arms have seized right up.

And I keep saying this every year, I need to try and make some home made ski's :p or a snowboard or some sort but every time its snows im either working from home and cant leave, or its dark. :(

What can I make a snowboard out of?

Setting off from Brugge back to Calais, then from Maidstone to Milton Keynes, then back to Oxford. It's going to be a right adventure as I don't hit british soil in the car till 11.30pm ish.

I managed to beat all the snow at 3am this morning, it's been a long day...

2 years ago was better, we did this with my housemates:

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Setting off from Brugge back to Calais, then from Maidstone to Milton Keynes, then back to Oxford. It's going to be a right adventure as I don't hit british soil in the car till 11.30pm ish.

I managed to beat all the snow at 3am this morning, it's been a long day...
I remember when I went to Bruges a few years ago. The year when a Eurostar train got stuck in the tunnel because of the snow. I was left stranded in Bruges so decided to take the long way back home. Bus to Bruges train station > train to Brussels > train to Calais > 2-3hr queue at Calais, outside in the cold > ferry to Dover > walk to Dover Priory train station whilst lugging my suitcase > train to London Victoria > taxi to London Waterloo > train to Woking > car journey back to Farnborough.

Set off at 8am, got home at 2am. Longest day of my life :D

Congrats to our local council. Our area is pretty well gritted, and it is working.

Was over in Brighton & Hove this morning and even the main bus routes were starting to get a little mushy & icy.

Not much is settling here though, think there may have been rain earlier when I was at work, and it is only settling on certain surfaces now.

C'mon snow! If you increase your rate, I can get drunk tomorrow!.

It's been snowing here all day at varying intensities. I think it was heaviest between 11:00 and 13:00, but there was another quick bout of heavy snow at 16:something. On my way home from work (I walked), it seemed like it was going to stop, but looking outside just now I can see that it's still going.

Suffice to say the snow is quite deep here.

Back
Top Bottom