It's snowing

All the bosses have RWD so we all go to go home early :D

Motorway was fine at 3 ish, was bombing down at 80 past all the losers going 50, tbf I think an hour more and it would have started to get dangerous but at the time it was just like rain and that doesn't stop anyone going fast. Off the motorway was a little worse though although I still had to overtake people going rediculously slow i.e. <20 on straights.

Want to know if it's icy? Just drop it down a gear and put your foot to the floor, if your wheel spin up it's icy if not then you're fine. If nobody is behind you I find slamming on the breaks gives you a pretty good idea how grippy it is.

Motorway was fine at 3 ish, was bombing down at 80 past all the losers going 50, tbf I think an hour more and it would have started to get dangerous but at the time it was just like rain and that doesn't stop anyone going fast. Off the motorway was a little worse though although I still had to overtake people going rediculously slow i.e. <20 on straights.

Want to know if it's icy? Just drop it down a gear and put your foot to the floor, if your wheel spin up it's icy if not then you're fine. If nobody is behind you I find slamming on the breaks gives you a pretty good idea how grippy it is.

awesome advice|! :) everyone fallow this.......... to the same ditch this guy will be in..

Dibs on your heart when you end up in a box! :p

Other peoples driving is the thing that scares me the most about weather like this. I know I can drive properly and safely in it, but it worries me that so many don't.

Last edited:
^^ Can't believe the number of people in that video walking along a slippery surface with their hands in their pockets... yeah I know its cold and all... (never mind them totally ignoring the cones).

Meh :/ got to drive ~20 miles to Maidenhead for a hospital appointment to have a cyst removed at 5:30pm, they phoned to say they are there and open.. ive already paid for the procedure and i think i might lose a big chunk (if not all) of my money if i dont attend :(

turns out there was hardly any traffic on the roads so the drive was good
as for the Cyst removal.. OUCH! :/ didnt think it'd hurt that much!

Very lightly snowing here again after probably a 5+ hour break. My dad managed to get back up the hill to our house in his Megane Scenic with budget Winter tyres and little drama. He's still the only person to even bother driving out of everyone who lives on this road apart from the 4x4 earlier.

Think I'll be getting a lift in my step-dads Land Rover tomorrow because the 306 is staying put in the warm garage :p

Its coming down again heavy again here after a ~5 hour break to. Probably won't last long tho.

snow.jpg

Prob already posted somewhere, can't be arsed checking.

I've got to go down to Guildford from Stoke tomorrow... on the 7.50 train to euston and then out to Guildford. Says I should get in for 10:50... what's it like over the Guildford area?

I've got to go down to Guildford from Stoke tomorrow... on the 7.50 train to euston and then out to Guildford. Says I should get in for 10:50... what's it like over the Guildford area?

There's a fair amount of snow, but it stopped sometime during the afternoon, so it's nothing too bad. Although saying that, it looks like it's just started again.

Still lightly snowing in stoke. Just headed out for 20mins and my face feels numb. Some of the drifts are at least a foot deep.

Back
Top Bottom