It's snowing

There's a fair amount of snow, but it stopped sometime during the afternoon, so it's nothing too bad. Although saying that, it looks like it's just started again.

Cheers.

Trains from Stoke seem to be delayed running to Euston, but trains out of Waterloo seem to be fine to Guildford and then it's walking distance.

Think I'll go for it :)

Me dragging artic up hill after he got stuck half way
7ECB99D1-6CB3-4944-8286-AF86CEE95571-8580-000004DCF371578D.jpg

44t full load. Pulled OK. Lots of crabbing but we got him back on the flat.

Because he wouldn't be able to go down the hill and turn round and back up the hill so I dragged him back wards and towards a roundabout to spin him round. Pair of chains on the D trailer hooks.

It took me 3.5 hours to get home from work at quite literally 1mph average speed. It would have been longer but the last 30mins was me walking through the blizzard faster than the traffic. The roads aren't even that bad here, only started snowing at lunch time but seems everyone panicked and hit the road at the same time.

Lot of snow around where I live today, I went for a walk in the hills near me, it was several feet deep, infact at one point when approaching a slope I knew to be there ...it didn't seem to be there, the snow had drifted in such a way in made the ground all look to be on roughly the same level even though there is quite a steep slope, I started up it and found myself thigh deep in snow :D

I took some pictures, although not of the thigh deep bit. Here is a nice one. Untouched snow ...until I walked through it and messed it up.

8392471495_09ce0039aa_b.jpg

Looking out the window we have had no snow at all in Carlisle. I was hoping it would snow tonight so I can go sledging with my kids but it is looking very doubtful.

Guess this is best in this thread.
I live on a cul de sac on a sharp corner. It is now ridiculously slippery on it and not helped by residents of a nearby hill parking on and near the corner.
Debating trying to clear the worst tomorrow and throw some grit on it.

Call me whatever, but just wondering does that then make me responsible if someone then has an accident?

Way it is at the moment, by Monday no one further down the road will get round it, or likely slip into the parked cars.

I got the train down to Bradford on Avon yesterday. It took 9 hours, 2 cancelled trains (they booted us off in Birmingham with no warning) and 7 platform changes to get here from huddersfield. Madness!

Back
Top Bottom