It's snowing

It's having another good go down here in Crawley. It'll make a nice walk later for the dog, she loves it.

Driving to Croydon, had a berk in a Merc behind me for a while who seemed upset that I wasn't going quick enough for his tastes (30 in a 30) thanks to the wet/potentially icy roads. When he floored it to roar past I was really hoping he'd total the car, idiot. :p

and what was the excuse before that. as i said above they have been cutting back on gritters here for years now. its not just happened the last 4 years.

You need snow ploughs, not gritters.

Anyway don't tarnish every council, west Berks has done a great job around here and major routes are completely clear.

gritters plows same thing up here. just a shame they cant use the plows properly they run with them 3 inches off the floor so as to not damage the rubber replaceable lip or the road.

lancashire county council is hopeless outside of a few area's but thats the same for any service they provide.

Even in places like Canada they will only really use snow ploughs on the equivalent of motorways and major roads. They tend to use smaller vehicles and things like JCBs for smaller road clearing.

111p0yw.jpg

Yes, I did feed them.
The first one of you to go quack is going be my dinner..:p

Giving my mate some boost down a hill :p :
6B6384F4-D1F3-43E3-9138-4E54750CC329-489-000000709E07FE54.jpg

I also decided to be a snow plough - there was a pretty meaty snow drift about 50-60cm deep across the road we were on. Battered through it like a boss, and got a snow beard!
77785308-F2D5-4F6B-854B-4DD75CD8BD15-489-0000007086056FDD.jpg

This was yesterday BTW.

Back
Top Bottom