It's snowing

We were expected heavy showers last night in Newcastle, had pretty much nothing. Hoping it comes down real heavy today some time !

Most of the snow from the weekend is still on the floor here and its snowing again now quite bad! :)

2em2261.jpg

Had about 2-3 inches in the Waterloo area so far today, central London. Temperatures are falling now so its really coming down, main roads are still holding out but side roads are treacherous, either partially or fully covered.

Last edited:
Managed to recce the road out of the estate I live on. Whatever way you try to go out you've got to go up or down a steep hill. On the way out I almost got stuck turning at a mini-roundabout to go up a steep hill, got less than 1/8th of the way up then the wheels lost traction so I steered in the direction of a small bit of visible tarmac on the other side of the road and made it up.

No issues coming back the same way or driving up my road though so I'll be going to work tomorrow. Petrol stations out of diesel though so I'll be playing the red-light game tomorrow :p

Had about 2-3 inches in the Waterloo area so far today, central London. Temperatures are falling now so its really coming down, main roads are still holding out but side roads are treacherous, either partially or fully covered.

this! going for a ride on my bmx ASAP!!! :D:o

South London is covered where I am, a good 3 or 4 inches. And still coming down.

Looks like you've got a few hours more of it at the very least. If the current models for the next couple of days are anything to go by central midlands through to adjacent parts of wales are gonna get absolutely plastered.

Looks like you've got a few hours more of it at the very least. If the current models for the next couple of days are anything to go by central midlands through to adjacent parts of wales are gonna get absolutely plastered.

North east wales? Do you have a link or something i could look at? :)

2r709vp.jpg

Thats all ive been able to find for 6pm tonight.

I do like how weather forecasts turn out. Predicted snow to start at 1pm, then heavy snow from 3pm onwards for a few hours before returning to light snow throughout tomorrow. However none has come down yet and hopefully none will. Its just damn windy.

It's been light-heavy snow all day here! Probably 3-4in thick - According to BBC Weather, it's due to have a couple more hours of heavy snow and then it'll all stop and get super cold all through the night :p

Back
Top Bottom