It's snowing

Well what a fun journey to work this morning, dropped off the daughter at school on time, carried on to work, 10mins later 'schoolsclosedLULZ'. So i have to go back and take her back home now with the bulk of commuter traffic which takes ages, then back to work, getting stuck in the main rush-hour.

Only 1 hour late on a 7 mile commute!

Having a snow morning, heading to work in a couple of hrs.

Hopefullly the idiots iv'e been watching this morning trying and failing to get out of our street will have cleared it up a little.:O

So this was my car on Friday night when I got off the train from Manchester to home (location: Atherton):
1hqhra.jpg

Just to prove its my car :p
3538fhh.jpg

And this was the same car park and station this morning! It was melting over the weekend and on Sunday there were only small patches of snow left...then this morning WHITEOUT!!! :D
2nurdbc.jpg

2cpuscz.jpg

swr9lh.jpg

The city center is still devoid of any snow though

Good 5-6" in Hudds this morning. Had to walk into town to get to work, our road and the road leading to it were just deep in snow. Saw the snowplough just starting to go up the hill as I got to the bottom.

Woke up 6am looked at southern railway website "minor delays"
Got dressed walked to train station to find the next 4 trains cancelled
Went back about 8 expecting to get the 8:07
Waited till 9 with a couple of hundred other people
Phoned boss to tell him I'm going home
Light fire
Profit

Starting to worry if I'll make it home from work if it keeps snowing at this rate. Trains all seem to be running, albeit with heavy delays.

Woke up 6am looked at southern railway website "minor delays"
Got dressed walked to train station to find the next 4 trains cancelled
Went back about 8 expecting to get the 8:07
Waited till 9 with a couple of hundred other people
Phoned boss to tell him I'm going home
Light fire
Profit

Had a similar experience this morning. Why can't train companies just say "Stay at home, we're not running". I could have had a lie in!

Had a similar experience this morning. Why can't train companies just say "Stay at home, we're not running". I could have had a lie in!

The school back up in the lakes didn't send out a message that it was shut 'till 8:10am, most staff and lots of students are already in the school by that time which causes havoc. Some heads seem to think that shutting a school is a sign of weakness :confused:

Back
Top Bottom