It's snowing

Associate
Just a quick photo of outside, really deep out there now.

IMG_01361_zps6003d21d.jpg

Soldato
Had about 5" here tonight and already had about 3-4" still on the ground from a few days ago.

Quick pic of next doors conservatory that had no snow on earlier today as it all slid off in one big sheet into my garden.

IMG_5539_zpsc62feee6.jpg

Associate
yeah i was surprised they pulled all services so early, as iv never known them do it for years. bit crap though for anyone working evenings expecting to get the last bus out of town up the valley.

Be some happy taxi drivers out there though since people are being left stranded they have no choice but to get taxi's.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Be some happy taxi drivers out there though since people are being left stranded they have no choice but to get taxi's.

honestly knowing the way they taxi's work in rochdale i bet none will come up through the valley as they dont like coming up here at the best of times let alone when theres a bit of snow on the ground.

Soldato
thats bad for rochdale theres normaly slush.

My Mum lives in Rochdale and they've always had it worse than where I've lived (Preston/Bolton)

I'm in Bolton and we've had a decent amount tonight. I went out for a walk about 10pm and reckon there was just over 4" of snow on the ground.

Quite surreal standing at the side of a main road and hearing absolutely nothing though. It'd be nice to get a week or two of this weather every year.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
guess it depends the part of rochdale, im up the road about 6 miles in the hills and when we have a couple of inch rochdales normally slush as the worst.

Soldato
This is unbelievable. Easily 4-5" in 3 hours tonight and its still going strong. Just walked back from the pub 15 min walk took me over half an hour only to find our street is littered with cars. Tried to help some woman up the hill but she didn't understand the concept of not going pedal to the floor and when i said i didn't have a license she didn't trust me so i went inside :p

McB

McB

Associate
Crazy snow on way out of Hanley, must be 2" in a couple hours while out having a meal and roads crawling only. Drove 10 miles back through near Blizzard, down a hill then puring rain at home. Friends in same town at top of hill have had 3" of snow!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
It'd snowing here since about 4.30pm, although it is still snowing the snow is starting to melt. Look like no sledging for me tomorrow.

Soldato
over a foot in most places and 2 foot in others, snow drifts are higher than a car in a lot of places round here, our garden is 2 foot deep.. the whole street had to be cleared and the mounds are as high as the cars around them..

the snow had stopped for a few days but its snowing hard again, the snow hasnt left though as the temps havent gone above 0..

yet people call me stupid for buying snow tyres..

Back
Top Bottom