It's too hot :(

Threw the ac unit on in the bedroom. Opening windows only got me down to around 25 degrees.

I could not do without mine and we have had mobile AC units for close to 20 years now. I have Dyson humidifier thing in my lounge which is good, but not close to being worth the money I paid for it. No water only system or fan comes close to proper AC and proper AC starts around 400 quid in my experience.

I could not do without mine and we have had mobile AC units for close to 20 years now. I have Dyson humidifier thing in my lounge which is good, but not close to being worth the money I paid for it. No water only system or fan comes close to proper AC and proper AC starts around 400 quid in my experience.

I'm seriously considering a more permanent split AC unit, they cost a bit to install but provide year round cooling/heating at 3-400% efficiency.

So jealous of all of you and your rain!
Yeah we had about 2 mins of - I can't really call it "rain" - light sprinkling yesterday. I was driving, and the roads didn't even get wet. Just immediately evaporated.

Had no proper rain for 2+ months :/ Going to need to re-mortgage to pay the water bill.

The humidity is what’s the problem, im not even doing anything and I’m sweating, I keep washing my hands every half hour or so to stop them feeling sticky.

Just had a nice cool bottle of beer, but my mouth feels like it was a warm can of coke. Having to rinse my mouth with water!

A moderate day in Death Valley today :D

Went for a hike in the dunes last night to do some photography, was 47 when I set off, when I got back to the truck well after sundown, it was still 43, the water in my canteen was like drinking from a hot tap

FmAkkDv.jpg

blimey can you fry an egg on the bonnet ? please film it if you can :p

Urgh. Besides the stifling heat being uncomfortable its bringing on plagues of flies. Drain files, fungus gnats, call them what you like first they were coming out the drain and then I went to the bin and clouds of them flew out its like a biblical plague. I'm having to put aside any vegetable matter banana peel, apple cores, tea bags, anything damp and organic and tying them up in bags and dumping them straight outside leaving them in the bin indoors is asking for trouble.

Just wait till September comes then the weather will start getting cold again.

Bring it on please.

Urgh. Besides the stifling heat being uncomfortable its bringing on plagues of flies. Drain files, fungus gnats, call them what you like first they were coming out the drain and then I went to the bin and clouds of them flew out its like a biblical plague. I'm having to put aside any vegetable matter banana peel, apple cores, tea bags, anything damp and organic and tying them up in bags and dumping them straight outside leaving them in the bin indoors is asking for .
I've been trying to find out what this infestation on my window sills was and came across fungus gnat. But there's nothing in here or outside my windows that they would be interested in. I think mine are pollen beetles, searching for rapeseed fields and getting attracted by anything yellow, or white. They've been quite benign, just crawling over the window or congregating around the ceiling lights, but do make the place look awful.

Back
Top Bottom