It's too hot :(

Those numbers are from chief scientific officer at the UKHSA , the quotes are on the BBC article.
The quote does not say that the heat was the cause, neither did the Professor: "
Asked whether thousands of people could die in the hot weather - as has been reported in newspapers - UKHSA chief scientific officer Prof Oliver declined to suggest a figure.
"It is very difficult to predict but I can tell you that we monitor this very closely," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
"Last year we didn't reach temperatures anywhere near the ones that are predicted for next week, [and] we saw over 1,600 excess deaths associated with the period of heatwave"

Doesn't say they were heat related, could have been drowning due to people swimming where they shouldn't have, there could be any number of reasons.

The quote does not say that the heat was the cause, neither did the Professor: "
Asked whether thousands of people could die in the hot weather - as has been reported in newspapers - UKHSA chief scientific officer Prof Oliver declined to suggest a figure.
"It is very difficult to predict but I can tell you that we monitor this very closely," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
"Last year we didn't reach temperatures anywhere near the ones that are predicted for next week, [and] we saw over 1,600 excess deaths associated with the period of heatwave"

Doesn't say they were heat related, could have been drowning due to people swimming where they shouldn't have, there could be any number of reasons.

Feel free to provide details as to what those reasons were.

I'm considering getting a train ticket between two destinations and just get on a train with AC, sit down and travel back and worth and work all day from there :D

Water related deaths do increase with heatwaves, they are associated.

What are you trying to achieve with your nitpicking?

Even tomorrow and Wednesday now looking 3 degrees hotter than it showed for us this morning, jeez was looking forward to cooling down on wednesday and getting some sleep at least tomorrow night, no hope of that now, 3 solid nights with no kip on the cards it looks like, I'll have to cram in some serious shut eye tonight to keep me going through the hell that awaits.

Even tomorrow and Wednesday now looking 3 degrees hotter than it showed for us this morning, jeez was looking forward to cooling down on wednesday and getting some sleep at least tomorrow night, no hope of that now, 3 solid nights with no kip on the cards it looks like, I'll have to cram in some serious shut eye tonight to keep me going through the hell that awaits.
Honestly, it sounds (and looks...) mad, but stick some foil up in the bedroom window, it'll drop the temp by several degrees. I shall be forever grateful to the guy who suggested it in this thread...

Back
Top Bottom