It's too hot :(

Want to sleep. Problem is, there's awful loud music playing from one of the gardens in the direction of my bedroom window. Wish people stop being so bloody selfish and realise that not only there are people who are working tomorrow. Also the very young, old and sick.

It happens every time there's hot weather here. but this time round, its another garden, closer to my bedroom.

Had that the other night, however it turned into the police turning up! I didn't call them but obviously someone did. People have a right to enjoy the weather, but swearing and laughing in a cackling chav voice all day towards the night shows human nature at its worse

At about 10pm tonight, I walked past a semi-detached house, with one side playing music that I heard from nearly 50 yards away. As I got continued closer, you could hear the laughs and banter.

I pity their neighbours having to suffer because of one selfishness household.

I could 100% feel muggier air increasing during yesterday (Saturday), however my room temps are not the worst, I think since i started turning off my PC when going bed and keping my bedroom door open instead of closing it, the affect on sleeping temperature is considerable, although it will be interesting how things are looking on Monday, I am in a part of the country where 40+ Celsius is predicted.

Ordering my shopping last week I took care to get the juice on the order as the order that I did the week before I couldnt order any chilled juice so I was checking morrisons daily, and as soon as it appeared I booked days in advance. Hopefully it does arrive. Its a 7am delivery tomorrow.
Also will the predictions be right and this is only a 2 day heatwave, if its only 2 days I think it wont be too bad, whats been nasty about heatwaves historically in the east and south of England is they often last for weeks on end, constant sun, no rain, no wind. But this one is apparently due to be gone by Wednesday.

Tentative signs of a reload around the 25th and again just into August but nothing to suggest days on end of it, or that we'll definitely have it quite as warm again this summer.

Models tonight have slightly backed off by around 2C - instead of around 30% of model runs just about hitting 40C for Monday/Tuesday it is now 30% between 36 and 40 - though nearly all are above 33C still.

What are you trying to achieve with your nitpicking?
Sorry I'm late replying, I was outside in the warm weather not dying.

All I'm after is accurate reporting of the facts as presented. The original poster used the quote "1600 people died because of the heat", whereas the source actually said "we saw over 1,600 excess deaths associated with the period of heatwave". Now without the facts of the the deaths there could be a causal link to the heat being a contributary factor to the additional deaths, but the actual prime cause is unknown from the source quote.

Its like the quote "Speed Kills", when in actual fact its not the speed that kills, its the inappropriate use of excess speed, and the rapid deceleration and subsequent physical trauma that kill. The inappropriate use of excess speed is one of the factors linked to the cause, but its not "THE CAUSE". Thats usually a stupid driver.

And, if you had young kids and lived nearby, what you would you tell them as you put them to bed? Ignore it and it'll go away?
Tbf, it is a Saturday evening and playing music at 10pm, whilst isn't perfect neighbour behaviour, it's not completely outrageous. Are you suggesting that because you (or someone) have (has) young children, everyone nearby needs to be quiet from 8pm onwards?

When I worked shifts, I knew occasionally the neighbours might have parties at the weekend when I might need to be up early. Did I ask them not to, or did I buy some earplugs?

Anyway, usually we will just turn our air cons on when it starts to get warm, I think the next few days we will leave them on. Even at 12,000BTU I think once the living room gets warm, the aircon might struggle to bring it down again...

Ordered a new fan from Argos, my current one is on the blink. I would 99.9% die if I didn't have a fan next to me. Even in the depths of winter, it's needed because my game room is so warm.

Ordered a new fan from Argos, my current one is on the blink. I would 99.9% die if I didn't have a fan next to me. Even in the depths of winter, it's needed because my game room is so warm.

Even in the winter I have the air con on in my gaming room, the room cooks. I used to have a fan on me, it worked well.

Getting today’s workout in now before it gets much warmer. Nice temperature currently.

Just checked forecast for tomorrow, wtf!?

69932.jpg

Think I might just sit in the car with the A.C most the day!

Back
Top Bottom