It's too hot :(

Seems like a really unpredictable and changing forecast after the heatwave.

Monday is looking like. Our. Hottest day here. It looks like temps will top out at below 35. So nice couple of days.

Back to beach today.

Your in Wales aren’t you? At least you’ll have a nice sea breeze. Can’t wait to get back to the coast.

Seems like a really unpredictable and changing forecast after the heatwave.

Your in Wales aren’t you? At least you’ll have a nice sea breeze. Can’t wait to get back to the coast.

South Wales.
Yeah makes a difference and having the beach available in evenings. I'm still 30 minutes away though.
Kayaking yesterday. Beach swim tomorrow and going kayaking again on Monday and trying to leave work early.

Used to live in Lincolnshire. It's going to be scorching there!

Currently nothing like originally forecast here and they've downgraded the peak of the day 2C from last night and same for Monday.

I gave up relying on forecasts ages ago. I use Dark Sky on my phone. It’s extremely accurate for the day ahead, you can even look at satellite images and see rain clouds forming and moving. And it you can have it alert incoming rain.

If it's a one off on a Saturday it's not an issue.
Completely agree. I have a young family and live in the countryside but every other weekend the pub in town has live music late and we're a 5 min walk from it so can hear it since there are no buildings in the way. It's really not a problem. Let people have fun. If it's every night then maybe there's a case to be made but even with young kids 10pm isn't that late and frankly they'd sleep through the Blitz!

There's a difference between being obnoxious and having fun. 10pm.on a Saturday night isn't obnoxious (depending of course on the circumstances).

Neighbours having BBQs and playing music isn't really an issue and it's fun, most of the time we're hosting as well and bringing half of the neighbours over.

Now if it was a flat and not detached homes far apart from one another I can accept it's a little more tricky.. that's where a little bit of courtesy is needed, you just turn the volume down but expecting people not to have a gathering for whatever mitigating circumstances you may have is also a little entitled behaviour.

Humidity plays a big role. For example it’s up around 45-50% in the UK at the moment but down around 10-15% in Madrid. This means your body has trouble regulating temperature as the sweat doesn’t evaporate easily.
Yeah this is true when its really hot here its so unnatural heat and heavy air, I've never hated hot weather so much in the countries I've experienced it but here its very intense and draining.

Ready to put in work :cool:
WA.png

Last edited:
Tentative signs of a reload around the 25th and again just into August but nothing to suggest days on end of it, or that we'll definitely have it quite as warm again this summer.

Models tonight have slightly backed off by around 2C - instead of around 30% of model runs just about hitting 40C for Monday/Tuesday it is now 30% between 36 and 40 - though nearly all are above 33C still.
Where did you hear that, 25th July for us on BBC site is 20c but I'm up north east way, also it doesn't go into August yet on bbc site. Next thus and fri looks so good for us at 18c, can't wait its like a nice gift for getting through this hell of the next 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom