It's too hot :(

Our south-facing lounge in our new-ish build is a lovely 21ºC at the moment thanks to cardboarding the windows and keeping the blinds and windows shut. Windows will remain shut until tomorrow morning as it's forecast to get down to 19ºC at about 0500, so I can get the windows open and get the house temperature down again.

The bedroom I'm sat in now is north-facing but I've got the PC on so it's getting up to 25ºC. However, it's 29ºC outside so I won't open the window, and the internal door is shut to stop the heat transferring out to other rooms too much.

So are we basically ******?

I think it comes down to something very simple.

I have a thermometer which says the temp inside is currently 27C. It's OK. When the temp outside goes above that [like now, when it's 29C outside], close the windows and use a fan. You can normally tell by just sticking your hand out.
Yep 29C outside right now and 24C in my living room. Windows and blinds fully closed!

I'm sat out on a park bench with just my shorts on, baseball cap and crocs (yea I know classy) and if anything with the breeze and it being slightly hazy, it's actually quite nice.

Yet parts of the country is going mental as if hot summers has never happened in Britain. Same happens with winter. 1cm of snow and parts of the country loses their minds and a shortage of snow shovels.

Back
Top Bottom