It's too hot :(

The outside sensor on the CH is reporting 44°C, but that’s surrounded by stone that’s been warming all day. The one under the balcony says 36°C which I tend to believe more.

Gave up gaming on the PC about 15 minutes ago as it was at least 30°C in the upstairs room it’s sat in. SSD was reporting 35°C and the cores had got up 70°C.

I have a slight regret about having insulation fitted in the cellar at the moment as it sits at 22-23°C all year round and we used to feel the cool coming through the wood flooring in summer.

Feels worse today with how muggy is. :(

Strangely the garden isn't like this, this year. I think it's due to me mowing down all the long weeds over the fence that used to run 30 yards. I've already did it twice this year and likely one last cut in a week before it all dies back for the autumn/winter. Because I'm keeping it shin height, it's allowing any breezes to come through the fences cooling the garden instead of acting like a trapped bowl.

Plus all those floaty white seeds are no more.

So far not too bad here, peaked at 29C but with the breeze doesn't feel it - I'm handing over to the duty manager role in the warehouse at work in a bit though which may be another matter - dunno what it has got like in there.

Just back from the beach. The beach was actually much cooler today than yesterday.

The wind was a bit stronger and there was a bit more cloud.

Hopefully it's nice tomorrow for beach day 3!

I think cheesefests point was that the next supermarket down sold out of bottled water - meaning their customers are intelligent enough to buy water at a slightly more upmarket chain. Whilst at the budget one they work at, customers weren’t buying bottled water during the heatwave due to them being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom