It's too hot :(

I think cheesefests point was that the next supermarket down sold out of bottled water - meaning their customers are intelligent enough to buy water at a slightly more upmarket chain. Whilst at the budget one they work at, customers weren’t buying bottled water during the heatwave due to them being stupid.
Maybe she could get a job there. There'd be a lot less whinging on the forums.

It's a bit odd here near Kings Lynn, it says 30'c on the Met Forecast (with very little wind) but, having spent a few hours in the South facing back yard doing some gardening, it definitely "felt" much hotter when I was in London last weekend where it was only 27'c. Usually I'd blame the breeze for cooling me down for the reason why it feels cooler than the temp suggests but my garden has 8ft walls around it so even if there is a breeze it doesn't make it into the garden .

It's a bit odd here near Kings Lynn, it says 30'c on the Met Forecast (with very little wind) but, having spent a few hours in the South facing back yard doing some gardening, it definitely "felt" much hotter when I was in London last weekend where it was only 27'c. Usually I'd blame the breeze for cooling me down for the reason why it feels cooler than the temp suggests but my garden has 8ft walls around it so even if there is a breeze it doesn't make it into the garden .

I think there is air movement cooling things down generally - though not great it isn't half as oppressive it would feel at these temperatures in work normally.

Stopped in a a friends Static caravan in Chapel st Leonards the last few days, got back to Derby this after noon. instantly wanted to go back, even though it was nice and sunny with some cloud, it was the nice strong evening breeze. Dreading the next few nights.

never felt more than 33c before so if it gets too bad im just gonna lay in a tepid-cool bath all day.

hotels etc charging 3x room prices for air-con, that's not on imo. insert many fully starred out words
right here.

never felt more than 33c before so if it gets too bad im just gonna lay in a tepid-cool bath all day.

hotels etc charging 3x room prices for air-con, that's not on imo. insert many fully starred out words
right here.
Agreed you'd have thought by the fact they're getting out of the ordinary reservations that would be enough for them... Standard profiteering.

Hottest I've been in is 42C and that was pretty tough.

Agreed you'd have thought by the fact they're getting out of the ordinary reservations that would be enough for them... Standard profiteering.

Hottest I've been in is 42C and that was pretty tough.

Hottest I've ever experienced was 112f (44.4c) when on holiday in Kalymnos, 1987.

An Englishwoman died on the island a week earlier due to the heat.

I mean, I like the heat, but not that hot!

I remember waking up in the middle of the night, and just drinking a shed load of water from the fridge to cool down.

Same. I like it warm up to 30c is gorgeous for me. Above 30 is nice but not in the UK or at least not in London (glad that I don't live there!). On holiday or in the Med it's so easy to deal with and you don't even need A/c.

Back
Top Bottom