It's too hot :(

Hottest was 45 in Nicosia and a chilly 42 on the coast at Protatras, which was ok as every bay on our walk had mellon sellers, selling slices :)

Cyprus deals with the heat well but even they (and I speak as one) find the summer hot. A lot of Cypriots go to the UK or other parts of Europe in the summer or they escape to the mountains.

Loving this so far and not finding it too hot at all. The only time I've noticeably struggled was a few years ago in Hong Kong. An unseasonal heatwave hit at the beginning of may and temperatures peaked at 42c with 90% humidity. Thankfully there's air con everywhere as it affected my breathing while walking around outside.

Loving this so far and not finding it too hot at all. The only time I've noticeably struggled was a few years ago in Hong Kong. An unseasonal heatwave hit at the beginning of may and temperatures peaked at 42c with 90% humidity. Thankfully there's air con everywhere as it affected my breathing while walking around outside.
Once you’ve experienced temp and humidity like that, it puts a perspective on the idea of hot.

It’s toasty right now but not too bad if you stay out of the sun. Kinda nice if you have a cold drink in the hand.

Drove to London yesterday for a day trip seeing my peoples, dinners etc. First time in memory I had the roof down the entire day from door to door. It was just glorious.

Last edited:
For those saying they are going to commute into work tomorrow for the AC, have you considered how dangerous that is, and how poor the trains are likely to be tomorrow?

Today was fine.

That being said it's heading towards a nearly full 10c warmer tomorrow, so I will hold comment for now.

I reckon I'll still go out for a lie down in the sun whilst working hard skiving.

Once you’ve experienced temp and humidity like that, it puts a perspective on the idea of hot.

It’s toasty right now but not too bad if you stay out of the sun. Kinda nice if you have a cold drink in the hand.
Agreed. I imagine tomorrow and Tuesday may provide a few 'this feels familiar' moments. It'll be a pity I won't have a peak or harbor front to escape to.

Back
Top Bottom