It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Overnight temps are the worst though, I don't want 24C at midnight thanks!

Don’t know how I’d survive without our air con. It was 29C last night in the upstairs rooms where it was off. I mean I’d ‘survive’ but I’d be a miserable, grumpy, sleep deprived **** :p

It wasn’t even cold after dark. I was only in shorts outside while watering the garden and wasn’t a bit cold. At this point I’m not even watering for the plants but to keep all the wildlife alive - the garden is busy with frogs, birds, hedgehogs etc desperate for food/water. It’s become a tropical oasis.

Soldato
I put my pants and shorts in the freezer last night*.

I had two minutes of blissful cool when I put them on this morning.

*as I am being eaten alive by chiggers this year

Soldato
I know you'll find it challenging, but try to look past the nationality aspect. The point being made is that a publicly owned utility company like Scottish Water is massively outperforming a privately owned company like Thames Water - yes, there are leaks in Scotland, but not 25% of the daily supply.

The privately owned companies have absolutely no incentive to address those leaks.
But scottish water leaks more than 25% of its daily supply. Scottish water leaks 463million litres per day and total supply is about 1.3billion litres per day. But they've reduced leakage from 1.1billion litres per day, so you can claim victory if you want but its still terrible.

Soldato
Soldato
Wouldn't dream of setting mower on less than no3 in this weather ( or collecting cuttings) ,it's patchy but an effective dew collecting area

IMG20220813115341.jpg

Landfill in Tintagel this morning, very nice

IMG20220813103521.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom