[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This thread is such a good example of what people can do when they put their own feelings and prejudice to one side and unite as a community. 34,350 members of which over 7,500 are active. Communities should look after each other or why are we even here? I'm proud of everyone who has contributed, either money or even just kind words to one of our own who's going through one hell of a tough time.

Couldn't agree more. It's so refreshing to see such an impact being made by so many who don't know each other in the same way as friends or relatives. This thread is a true demonstration of the meaning of community spirit. Awesome job OCUK.

Associate
I can't really say much other than the fact that reading this thread has actually brought me to tears, yet It is so heart warming to see a community come together and try and do some good.

Best wishes to Skywalker and family.

Paypal donation sent.

Soldato
This is an amazing set of threads and it's revived my faith in humanity somewhat. I'm proud to be amongst people who are helping to improve the circumstances of Skywalker and his family.

I think it's appropriate to offer a high five to everyone who has passed a comment in support, or made a contribution, no matter the size.

*HIGH FIVE*

_o/\o_

Permabanned
Sent my tenner via PP as I'm not sure where my card reader is. Hope the fees arent too high.

I think it's fee free for a personal account, but I'm not sure what this special account Gilly has got is all about... if it's a business one there's a chance there could be fees... if so I wish I'd just gone to the bank now :S

Soldato
The threads on Bethany's plight were the first in 5 years of browsing these forums to make me cry. A very worthy cause and one I am more than happy to contribute to. I hope we raise enough to make life a little easier for skywalker and his family in these difficult times.

Soldato
I think it's fee free for a personal account, but I'm not sure what this special account Gilly has got is all about... if it's a business one there's a chance there could be fees... if so I wish I'd just gone to the bank now :S

I use a buisness one for the popular auction site and you do get charged a chunk of what is sent via paypal. I will be sending some via BT as soon as I get the time. What a great community this is :).

Soldato
Gilly said he'd talk to them to get the fee's returned :)

I don't know, I haven't managed to read the fine print for this 'premier account' thing I've just accepted. If they do either I'll claim it back from them or I'll cover the amount (within reason!)

I will be donating once I've been paid, I can't afford much but I hope it helps :)

All the best to Skywalker and his family, you all deserve it.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom