[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
£25 sent. I've got a 5 year old girl and we both have our fingers crossed for little Bethany. Let's hope you can use the fund to speed up any investigative scans or treatment etc. Kids are incredibly tough and from the sounds of it you've got the best people available trying to help her. Good luck & best wishes to all of you.

Caporegime
You have a tenner (after fees) winging its way to you via PP... this thread warms me' cockles and I hope it makes Skywalkers situation easier... and hopefully there'll be plenty left over to treat the kids to something fun! :)

Caporegime
Man of Honour
To clear this up once and for all so we can move on :))), the fees for receiving money into a PayPal Premier account are, for each transaction, 20p plus 3.4% of the transaction value, regardless of how the payment is made.

The only exceptions are for high transaction volume accounts where the fee does reduce a little (eventually reaching 1.4%).

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick update from me, and if possible Skywalker I need a response from you if possible.

My contact is Head of Neurological Scanning at Argent Rehabilitation and I have explained the position, given that they do not usually do scans for members of the public I have managed to pursuade them to offer their services.

In order that they can proceed they do require some further information, so if possible Luke, can you confirm:

What is the exact type of scan required? I am aware its an MRI (slice brain scan) but is it a CT or PET Scan?

I will add you to msn later if thats ok and we can discuss it in a little more detail.

EDIT: Having spoken to Ian again it has been confirmed that it is likely that a PET Scan is what is required and they can usually get the scan arranged within 2-3 weeks of instruction. It will need to be supported by a Neuro report, but thats just to confirm exactly what the Scan needs to focus on.

Also, the cost for a PET Scan of this nature, including VAT will be around £1200-£1500 and the reports that follow are usually done very quickly. Again, I need this confirmed by Luke as I don't have all the evidence that he has.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
by the sounds of it. it's more complicated than just a scan. It sounds like Bethany will have to be scanned several times over a month. Whilst they analysis exactly which tumours are causing the problems.

Associate
Just a quick update from me, and if possible Skywalker I need a response from you if possible.

My contact is Head of Neurological Scanning at Argent Rehabilitation and I have explained the position, given that they do not usually do scans for members of the public I have managed to pursuade them to offer their services.

In order that they can proceed they do require some further information, so if possible Luke, can you confirm:

What is the exact type of scan required? I am aware its an MRI (slice brain scan) but is it a CT or PET Scan?

I will add you to msn later if thats ok and we can discuss it in a little more detail.

Im not 100% to be honest at all , I shall be around on msn later so add away

Just a little something from Beth below , Took her about a minute but she got there in the end .

Soldato
Im not 100% to be honest at all , I shall be around on msn later so add away

Just a little something from Beth below , Took her about a minute but she got there in the end .

my god. that is incredible. Really touched me mate!

really really sweet! lovely to see her :) thanks for the video mate.

really touched by all your stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom