I've been had... (Xcade)

Associate
which one of you is Ronald then ? perhaps those who say they have 'received' stuff while telling us not to worry etc... cough up then, pictures... show us, go on! - do it! - otherwise Ronald I'm going to sue you in February... 2 years to the day I made a payment and if you leave it any longer I'm small claims your ass... no mucking about now, your taking the proverbial... he's got another site.. making van shelves... (facille.co.uk) I've got the website to show the courts and his xcade stuff... If you didn't know you have a three year window after making that initial first payment for a sale of goods to proceed with a small-claim in court... either-way I'll get my money back & my fees... got the emails, got the receipt, got the website pages, got your other number and address... bang to rights... the xcade email is dead now as you all know, I doubt the gmail one will be used, probably looked at but no replies will be sent... anyway I have another number and an alternate address... that's going to the court to serve you papers my friend... either cough up the cash or deliver my goods or the bailiffs will take the equivalent value goods from your lock-up... you just couldn't be honourable could you..., I'm going to give you one months grace...

and lets see those xplates people hmmm ? I'm throwing down the gauntlet... prove me wrong if you dare...

I stated previously that the quality i received was printed at a much lower res than what i sent, small chips in a couple of places, the cut on the side plates was a little rough on the chamfered edge (cleaned up with displex though).
Not sure why my critique would make me Ronald, or even a posterboy for his business? :p

I ordered two sets, one a custom set of my own design, and the other a Retropimpz design (see pic) as a spare if i ever got bored of my own.

The spare set in the cardboard box it came in, he spared no expense. :D
20190105-000602.jpg

I harassed the bejesus out of the bloke, if i hadn't i am pretty sure i would still be in your position now.

I hope you have some level of success.. whatever the outcome.

Associate
I stated previously that the quality i received was printed at a much lower res than what i sent, small chips in a couple of places, the cut on the side plates was a little rough on the chamfered edge (cleaned up with displex though).
Not sure why my critique would make me Ronald, or even a posterboy for his business? :p

I ordered two sets, one a custom set of my own design, and the other a Retropimpz design (see pic) as a spare if i ever got bored of my own.

The spare set in the cardboard box it came in, he spared no expense. :D
20190105-000602.jpg

I harassed the bejesus out of the bloke, if i hadn't i am pretty sure i would still be in your position now.

I hope you have some level of success.. whatever the outcome.

Well, I do have to say that's some really nice taste in artwork for your cabinet:)

What are you using as internals, to properly run NAOMI games and Ikaruga?

Associate
Well, I do have to say that's some really nice taste in artwork for your cabinet:)

What are you using as internals, to properly run NAOMI games and Ikaruga?

It's pc based, probably overkill for what i need it for. Saddened that the journey of building it is at an end, because it was something i wanted to do for years and got immense enjoyment from doing it.
Still have a genuine arcade Time Crisis gun to mod so it will work on the cab, sure that will be fun and headache inducing.

Specs on the arcade:-
Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7GHz (Coffee Lake)
Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX
16GB DDR4
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 6144MB GDDR5

Would like to build another, but my wife is already asking where this one is going to go.. and me saying "your side of the bed" isn't going down too well. :D

Associate
It's pc based, probably overkill for what i need it for. Saddened that the journey of building it is at an end, because it was something i wanted to do for years and got immense enjoyment from doing it.
Still have a genuine arcade Time Crisis gun to mod so it will work on the cab, sure that will be fun and headache inducing.

16GB DDR4

Would like to build another, but my wife is already asking where this one is going to go.. and me saying "your side of the bed" isn't going down too well. :D

I empathize with the wife comments :D Mine ended up with a Bubble Bobble theme (quite nice, actually) so it wouldn't elicit frowns from her for having a more "aggressive" theme.

I'm running mine on a Raspberry Pi for the time being, so anything more recent than a PSX is a gamble. That Time Crisis gun project sounds fantastic - will you also get a pedal for the cabinet?

Enjoy it!

Associate
Well hes not replying to me, and mine is a completely custom design without a front fascia so i cant even do a full set of artwork elsewhere as i would have to somehow figure out a fascia panel for the monitor... paypal emailed him on my behalf also.... i dont know what to think at all :/

Associate
Thanks for showing me that picture, you know I just woke up in the middle of the night a few weeks back with the thought that I stupidly allowed myself to be lead along the primrose path for so long... one coffee & a joint later I was Mr Conspiracy Man... either way thanks for putting my mind at rest, Ronald hasn't responded to my emails fired off to his gmail account, I thought I'll give him until end of February this year, I'll have to email him making my intentions clear and if there's no response well... £358 quid is £358 quid... I mean it's not like I was asking for the moon on a stick was it... my games 97% done, the PC gubbin's is all ready to rock and I'm just languishing in angst... you know I'd be fine for another six months if only he emailed... any excuse would do... legs gone rotten, cats trapped under a ****-mountain, transgender mishap has robbed me of my balls... fine fine fine... just as long as I can believe in good people again... I'm such a gullible pilf! - but one day... I shall have a working machine... so hey ho...

Associate
Everything about this man seems phoney...

Below is a working link to his xcade website, just a random link found by chance...

Link to random bar-top kit pdf file

But the xcade.co.uk domain I thought was dead/off-line especially after my emails bounced back to me in Dec-2018.

So today we see a rather nicely crafted '404' page upon visiting his website which with a cursory eye you'd be forgiven for thinking his websites off-line... but no, he's deliberately hiding...

He's lying to us all, he's closed down his mailbox on that domain deliberately not because the host has kicked him off for non-payment as you'd expect, but because he's actually closed the mailbox down himself to cease all discourse and to ignore the problems and to avoid payments in the hope they would simply go away, probably why he's not answering this gmail account either, he's duplicitous, deserves to be sued, I'm going to expose him in the courts.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Have any of you thought of measuring up your kits bought and posting the specs online at all?

Surely a site zcade or something giving away what appears to be his kit might serve 2 purposes...

Stopping others fall foul of this chap
Get his actual attention opposed to the ignored emails

At the end of the day any device could be programmed to cut these and I'm sure there'd be someone come along quick enough to do it

Associate
Have any of you thought of measuring up your kits bought and posting the specs online at all?

I did actually think of that, I have the PDF file supplied to me by xcade for the so called 'x-plates' for my machine which was unusual as it was a vertical bar-top machine and recently I gave that PDF to an American chap who has a similar business making arcade machines, but this was in the US and I thought surely someone closer to home can do this kinda thing... anyway great idea none the less, I hope someone picks up the mantle.

Soldato
OP
Everything about this man seems phoney...

Below is a working link to his xcade website, just a random link found by chance...

Link to random bar-top kit pdf file

But the xcade.co.uk domain I thought was dead/off-line especially after my emails bounced back to me in Dec-2018.

So today we see a rather nicely crafted '404' page upon visiting his website which with a cursory eye you'd be forgiven for thinking his websites off-line... but no, he's deliberately hiding...

He's lying to us all, he's closed down his mailbox on that domain deliberately not because the host has kicked him off for non-payment as you'd expect, but because he's actually closed the mailbox down himself to cease all discourse and to ignore the problems and to avoid payments in the hope they would simply go away, probably why he's not answering this gmail account either, he's duplicitous, deserves to be sued, I'm going to expose him in the courts.
Why would he craft a 404 page and not just take it offline? I can't imagine he will be using the xcade name again given what comes up when you Google it.

Associate
Why would he craft a 404 page and not just take it offline? I can't imagine he will be using the xcade name again given what comes up when you Google it.

Maybe the same reason why he's deliberately shut his xcade domain mail-box down in December and perhaps the same reason why he's not answering his gmail account... and probably the same reason why I'm not the proud owner of a £358 bar-top arcade machine I was promised for over two years... because he's a duplicitous ** Fully start out swearing *** ... he'll respond to the bailiffs when they come knocking hopefully, the first legal step for me now was to email him warning him of my intentions with a small claims court... which I've done, he's been silent on his gmail account, bit of a mistake that on his part... that £358 quid he took off me will turn into £600 or more when I win in court, the most reliable records are tax records they say so he'll be tracked down by the courts in the end, I hope any future business he intends to create suffers badly, he can run... but he can't hide forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

16GB DDR4

That isn't overkill at all :D

Associate
i have had no reply myself from his gmail either. i do not get how some people have managed to get stuff out of him...! :mad:
I went through the same frustration that you and everyone else still waiting went through, and right up until the parcel arrived i still believed it wasn't happening.
There were times for me towards the end when i could have happily pounded on his face for a few hours.

Not sure how the man can sleep at night, but he's obviously doing it on fluffed pillows stuffed with everyone's hard earned cash. Guy needs locking up!

Back
Top Bottom