Jaaaaaag Owners

First registered 30/7/10.
Not B&W sound, unfortunately, and no DAB but does have the iPod connection (which will not ever get used) along with Aux and USB (which will get used). No Xenons, either - again, a little unfortunately.
I did look at a 60-plate PL, which had the B&W, but was not the S variant.....and had planned to look at a 59-plate too. In the end, I wanted the S over the B&W, and really did like the whole car. Would've liked Xenons too, having had them in my last few cars, but......

Hope you get on on with the headlights as I tried everything to make them good enough for me and in the end swapped the car to get xenons as I thought that they were that bad.

Very nice geekman, although I have never cared for the SE grill much, your car actually carries it off better than most other colours. It's astonishing really that, that is a 2003 car, yours looks in very good order indeed, then again to be fair most do still look great 10 years on. Heck, many X300s still look great 19 years on!

I was quit close to rejoining the Jaaag club myself, but the sensible side of my brain got the better of me, so next week I'll be rejoining the BMW club. Still, that'll be 3 BMWs and 2 jags out of a total of 10 cars so far :)

Nice!! XJ interiors are beautiful!

I had a nice surprise the other week from Jaguar in Oxford. Took it for a service and they turned around and said the service is free of charge. Saved me just over £300 so was delighted with that. Jaguar have been nothing short of amazing in terms of customer service since I've owned the car. it's had a few issues, all very minor, which means it's been taken in a few times but they've always fixed it even if they can't reproduce the problem themselves in the workshop

@Steedie. That is nice of them !

Not had a Jag service for a while as I used an independent owned by a friend why my old X-Type came off Jag's warranty, but the sales side was very pleasant. They were not remotely high pressure, just let the quality of the XJ sell itself. Rybrook Chester.

I had an interesting comment from a guy I do business with regularly when he saw it which was "I've noticed that once you buy a Jag you don't change again, you keep buying Jags". True so far for me. Car history is:

Vauxhall Nova
Vauxhall Cavalier
Vauxhall Vectra x 2 (company cars)
BMW 323i coupe
X-Type Saloon
X-Type Estate (children ....)
XJ

Can't see anything else out there I'd prefer - even if I won the lottery.

Last edited:
Can I add my 2p to this thread guys
first off all you Lucky so & so's who own a Jag I actually go round all types of Car dealers and Jaguar have quickly become my firm favorite car - Green with envy at you who own I just love them.. I recently started getting a few pics of them at various dealers etc
and hope you can enjoy them as well
My Fav Jag Colour Italian Racing Red
Jag%20XKR%20Racing%20Red-XL.jpg

New F Type
IMGL0405-XL.jpg

Slick%20F%20Type-XL.jpg

Pair%20Black%20F%20Types-XL.jpg

Red%20Jag-XL.jpg

Jaguar%20Front%20Corner-XL.jpg

Jaguar%20infra-XL.jpg

Blue%20Jaguar%20York-XL.jpg

ov61-XL.jpg

I'm currently running an 11 year old X-Type (As well as a 12 year old AMG) in between getting something newer. Cost me the princely sum of 1400 quid on ebay and only got 50k on the clock. Interior looks like it's barely been sat in.

As much as it's a mondeo underneath, is a bit of a boat (I was in an E92 M3 before it) and represents the previous generation of Jaguars before they got their act together under TATA .... It's actually fantastic when you consider the whole car cost only 200 pounds more than what I sold my exhaust back boxes for on the M3. A WHOLE car you can run up and down the country in comfort in - brilliant.

I'm going to find it really hard to chop that in.

Gave back the Luxury spec XF today, and got mine back :D

I was starting to like the 8 speed box, and it did seem to make it considerably more frugal on the juice than the 6 speed in mine.

But overall, glad to get back into my own car, and have the PL spec back again!

Very nice geekman, although I have never cared for the SE grill much, your car actually carries it off better than most other colours. It's astonishing really that, that is a 2003 car, yours looks in very good order indeed, then again to be fair most do still look great 10 years on. Heck, many X300s still look great 19 years on!

I was quit close to rejoining the Jaaag club myself, but the sensible side of my brain got the better of me, so next week I'll be rejoining the BMW club. Still, that'll be 3 BMWs and 2 jags out of a total of 10 cars so far :)

Thanks - I did consider installing the facelift grill but I don't think it would really improve the look of the car, as you say, it looks pretty decent on mine.

I've really been piling the miles on it lately and it remains as impressive as ever. I even managed 38.4MPG today on a journey from dartford to deal and back - if you set the cruise at 60 it really is quite economical. Shall be doing quite a few long trips soon, including one to the south of france, so will report back on how it performs :)

I guess I can post here now :D

Traded my 2011 Aston Martin Vantage against this.

Car is a 2014 F-Type V8S in black with the sports pack, full leather two tone interior, carbon blade wheels and a couple of other little things.

Overall, I'm really impressed with it, build quality is great, it's comfortable, handles beautifully and is *very* fast. It's already been clocked by some mags at 3.6 to 60 and I'd have to say, once rolling, it's as fast as my GT-R was at least, if not slightly quicker.

1dk2.jpg

bgrb.jpg

ghdl.jpg

hsv3.jpg

xrbr.jpg

epzf.jpg

5lfq.jpg

Got a BarryJag until Tuesday. Seems to be as loud as an XKR inside. Much better than the XFR for driving as it borrows bits from the F Type. Nothing like the power train cal of the V8S F Type but atleast I can get the kids in this one.

1176345_10151501131637434_1657752488_n.jpg

1098225_10151501131607434_848376267_n.jpg

Must be tough having to drive round in an XFR-S but then it is white with the high level rear spoiler...

Back
Top Bottom