Jaaaaaag Owners

I think the Daimler name was only given to the most expensive models - stand to be corrected though

It is a lovely thing though, few rough bits but for the price and the age I can't complain. Does a genuine 141mph as well, which is pretty damn good.

Delectably wafty and very comfortable to ride in. Can't fault the way it drives at all. Well, apart from the inoperative ABS, haha...

I think the Daimler name was only given to the most expensive models - stand to be corrected though

It is a lovely thing though, few rough bits but for the price and the age I can't complain. Does a genuine 141mph as well, which is pretty damn good.

Delectably wafty and very comfortable to ride in. Can't fault the way it drives at all. Well, apart from the inoperative ABS, haha...

Yeah the Daimler name was given to the flagship models, in the UK at least. That (from the outside) does appear to be a Daimler, the alloys are the main give away and the grill, of course these can be added, the interior would be the best way of telling, fold down tables in the rear for example.

Fantastic thread with nothing short of awesome pics. I would say I'm jealous but ...ah what the hell I'm jealous. :P

Anyone here have an old E-Type ? I would say that is probably my most favourite car of all time, well that and a Detomaso Pantera. Actually if I won the lottery I would be looking for a decent restored one rather than taking a trip to a Ferrari showroom.

Yeah the Daimler name was given to the flagship models, in the UK at least. That (from the outside) does appear to be a Daimler, the alloys are the main give away and the grill, of course these can be added, the interior would be the best way of telling, fold down tables in the rear for example.

Cool. Well, it's definitely a Jaguar - an XJ Sport, to be precise :)

It doesn't have the Sport wheels though, just the boggo XJ6 ones (I think).

Fantastic thread with nothing short of awesome pics. I would say I'm jealous but ...ah what the hell I'm jealous. :P

Anyone here have an old E-Type ? I would say that is probably my most favourite car of all time, well that and a Detomaso Pantera. Actually if I won the lottery I would be looking for a decent restored one rather than taking a trip to a Ferrari showroom.

Yep, I do.

VsRCZPU.jpg

dFic96M.jpg

IBY6lhu.jpg

pHiOw72.jpg

Ok, I lied. :D I took these pictures of someone elses 3 months ago.

The colour on the one above isn't the greatest....maybe I can tempt you to like a red one??

pkzz.jpg

9fsb.jpg

Failing that, naturally you can't help but like one of these...

9grv.jpg

There are over 25,000 people working at JLR you know, including me, it's a big place so he might not know everybody :p

Ha - I know the feeling.
I work at National Grid with a similar number of employees and get asked if I know x so many times.

I'm ashamed to say I seem to be the only person in the world that the E-Type does absolutely nothing for... I just don't get it. :(
Your - almost - not alone. I think the e-type looks ok from certain angles but certainly not the best looking car ever.

To me the wheels are too far inset into the body and he roof line just looks too bulbous. Just doesn't look good to me.

The Eagle cars E type however... yes please. That looks stunning.

Looks like a clean example of a 18 year old daimler, nice ;)

That is not a Daimler, Daimler's did have different grills, they had a very distinctive fluting along the top of the chrome grill with the Daimler stylised D rather than the Jaguar badge, also it would have full chrome around the windows and mirrors if it was a Daimler. The car pictured is a Jaguar.

Daimler's also had the fluted chrome strip on the back where the boot lock is and all the ones I have seen also had half timbered steering wheels where as the car pictured does not, although you can't see the back of the car pictured, if you could ...it would say Jaguar :)

Last edited:
That is not a Daimler, Daimler's did have different grills, they had a very distinctive fluting along the top of the chrome grill with the Daimler stylised D rather than the Jaguar badge, also it would have full chrome around the windows and mirrors if it was a Daimler. The car pictured is a Jaguar.

Daimler's also had the fluted chrome strip on the back where the boot lock is and all the ones I have seen also had half timbered steering wheels where as the car pictured does not, although you can't see the back of the car pictured, if you could ...it would say Jaguar :)

I stand corrected sir, maybe next time I should take the time to look a bit better ;)

Back
Top Bottom