James Gunn... *****

Caporegime
What he wrote was far worse than what Roseanne Barr wrote. If people who support him came out as strongly in support of her, I'd take their position more seriously. As things stand, there's a lot of "The same thing is different when people we agree with do it".

Well what she wrote was pure racism. Comparing a black woman to a monkey.

James Gunn wrote some poor taste jokes.

Soldato
Normally I'd think this is just over reacting snow flakes with an axe to grind to make some faux outrage
It is.

If we were that genuine about holding people to account for stuff they did years ago when they were different people then Nelson Mandela would be stripped of his Nobel peace prize for his early terrorist activities. That kinda puts into perspective the nonsense of it.

Associate
actors/actresses are really some of the most pretentious people around, aren't they?

" The cast says it waited 10 days to issue a statement to “think, pray, listen and discuss.” "

pray?

I mean who talks like that, in the real world... praying for what?

Soldato
actors/actresses are really some of the most pretentious people around, aren't they?

" The cast says it waited 10 days to issue a statement to “think, pray, listen and discuss.” "

pray?

americans, they love their sky fairies

Caporegime

pray?

Chris Pratt is really religious, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

It's the reason his marriage fell apart, because he "found god"

Soldato
I'm all for defending people making a joke, but his tweets aren't even remotely funny. I'm someone who enjoys Frankie Boyle, Chris Rock, etc, but this guys tweets just make him look like a weirdo, and there's thousands of them. There's zero chance Disney will go near him with a barge pole after these tweets were highlighted, it shows how little understanding the actors have of Disney's brand that they've even bothered to come out to defend him.

Soldato
Caporegime
I'm all for defending people making a joke, but his tweets aren't even remotely funny. I'm someone who enjoys Frankie Boyle, Chris Rock, etc, but this guys tweets just make him look like a weirdo, and there's thousands of them. There's zero chance Disney will go near him with a barge pole after these tweets were highlighted, it shows how little understanding the actors have of Disney's brand that they've even bothered to come out to defend him.

But Disney knew about them before they hired him.

Are there really 10,000 deleted tweets? I only saw a screenshot of about 20.

Associate
americans, they love their sky fairies

They also love their double standards

take the Weistein case for example, they all knew he was dodgy but didnt say anything because they wanted jobs, then when it all came out they were like " oh yeah, come to think of it, he was a bloody creep. That explains time he pulled his penis out in front of me "

Soldato
They also love their double standards

take the Weistein case for example, they all knew he was dodgy but didnt say anything because they wanted jobs, then when it all came out they were like " oh yeah, come to think of it, he was a bloody creep. That explains time he pulled his penis out in front of me "

This is what doesn't sit right for me with that whole scandal. This was happening for years and everyone knew about it but people would rather safeguard their careers than tell the truth. I think it was a journalist in the end who took the career risk and published the story then all the people jumped in when they knew it was safe.

Soldato
But Disney knew about them before they hired him.

Are there really 10,000 deleted tweets? I only saw a screenshot of about 20.

It doesn't matter that they knew before they hired him, it's the fact that these tweets have now been highlighted and are now in the public domain so to speak. It damages their brand if they're now known to be associated with someone who posts things like this. If they knew beforehand, and he deleted all the tweets, and it never surfaced, there wouldn't be a problem. It's not some moral standards they go by, it's purely a reputational thing.

Back
Top Bottom