January Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings

Soldato
other than the £25m loss, £3m in wages for sitting on the bench for the last season and ferguson admitting he didn't suit their style of play. no.

We got 4 trouble free years from Berbatov winning 2 league titles and a league cup (the last of those titles Berbatov finished joint top goal scorer in the league). During that time City had 2 trouble free years from Tevez 1 league title and an FA Cup. And Fergie never said Berbatov didn't suit our style of play that came from his agent and even then the actual quote was that Berbatov didnt suit how the manager wanted the team to play in the future.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think fergie got the Tevez call right and the Berbatov one wrong myself. I love Berbatov but he wasn't the right type of player for us. Tevez was but he is more trouble than he is worth.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think Berbatov was worth the money, just not for us. It's an odd one.

I would say we overpaid a bit but yeah he was / is a top quality player just playing for the wrong club. That was the worst part of it honestly. Watching such a good player sit on the bench game after game after game. Didn't he miss a CL final as well?

Model professional though and I have to respect the guy.

Man of Honour
I would say we overpaid a bit but yeah he was / is a top quality player just playing for the wrong club. That was the worst part of it honestly. Watching such a good player sit on the bench game after game after game. Didn't he miss a CL final as well?

Model professional though and I have to respect the guy.

Yeah he wasn't in the squad for the final vs Barcelona. :(

Don
OP
We're taking it as fact that he's going nowhere because Fergie said so? Slightly naive given that he's not against telling the odd lie.

If Utd were looking to sell him, making it public knowledge wouldn't do them any favours.

Soldato
Are you stupid? Why on earth would United want to sell Wayne? All speculation and lies from tabloid newspapers following Tuesdays game with nothing to back the claims up.

He was benched, so what? A lot of people seem to forget he started the first leg.

Morons.

Don
OP
Are you stupid?

No, are you?

I didn't say Utd were looking to sell him or not. As I said earlier in the thread, I have no idea if the stories are true however Fergie (or any manager) ruling the possibility out can hardly be taken as fact.

Regarding the stories - as a general rule, when every rag runs the same story it's a sign that something's there. That doesn't mean the story is necessarily true but they've been briefed by somebody, whether that be the club, player or an agent. It's not a coincidence that they all ran the same story on the same day.

Don
OP
It's almost like there was a big game he didn't start a couple of day ago :)

Every newspaper running the exact same story? Still a bit of a coincidence don't you think? Then again, you thought the stories about Rooney wanting to leave the other year were just bs made up by the press too.

There's plenty of **** journos who'll randomly make stuff up but as above, when they're all writing the same thing, it's a pretty good sign they've been briefed.

Soldato
Yeah it'd be a huge coincidence. None of them had postulated it during/before the match even, looking at their tweets. Had to be a briefing. Thanks for clarifying things for everyone :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Every newspaper running the exact same story? Still a bit of a coincidence don't you think? Then again, you thought the stories about Rooney wanting to leave the other year were just bs made up by the press too.

There's plenty of **** journos who'll randomly make stuff up but as above, when they're all writing the same thing, it's a pretty good sign they've been briefed.

I would be quite amazed if there was anything at all to the story. RvP and Rooney are the two biggest names in our team. If Rooney is not playing in a big match then people talk.

If we actually step back and think about it, it makes no sense. Why would he not play Rooney on the basis of selling him in the summer. Even if he was certain to leave in the summer, why would we not play him for that reason. The only logical conclusion is that it was a tactical choice.

Danny Welbeck isn't half the player Rooney is but he still gets the nod over him when we need a certain type of setup. If we didn't have RvP Rooney would have started with Welbeck.

Back
Top Bottom