*January Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings*

Soldato
A lot of rumours going around right now.

Manchester United still looking to buy and sell in January.

Mata, Jones, Valancia and Young all looking like they could be gone in January or next summer.

Jones facing Man Utd axe

Phil Jones is being given four months to prove his worth to Manchester United. Contract talks have been put on hold as Louis van Gaal is not convinced of the England international’s ability.

Source: The Sun

Mata on the way out of Old Trafford:

Juan Mata is a target for Juventus after being pushed to the periphery at Manchester United, the Daily Mirror reports. The Spaniard, who moved to United from Chelsea for £37m in January, is the likeliest man to lose his first team place following the arrivals of Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao. If Juventus reach the Champions League knockout stages, they could fund a January move for the attacking midfielder. They are also after Antonio Valencia and Manchester City's Matija Nastasic.

Eurosport.com

Man Utd target Strootman wants January move:

Louis van Gaal's Manchester United spending spree looks set to resume in January with a £25 million move for Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman. The Daily Mirror says the Dutchman is desperate for a move to Old Trafford, and has ditched his agent to join SEG - the group involved in taking Robin van Persie to United. Despite laying out over £150m in the summer, Van Gaal still has money to spend and Strootman appears to ideal addition to anchor his midfield.

Eurosport.com

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, I forgot, you can't discuses things on a discussion forum. :confused:

I made the summer transfer thread in feb.

Yeh pretty much this.

The transfer rumours I'm not that interested in tbh but there are never more than 3 or so active threads in the football forum and what about the idea of not opening a thread you have no interest in - crazy eh :cool: ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Strootman looks to me to be almost guaranteed for United. Either in January or the summer. Especially considering the lack of real quality reinforcements in the summer. If Vidal has been captured then less likely but this looks to me to be a quality signing for United.

Soldato
OP
Can we have a Man Utd thread and a thread for everyone else this time?

Shaqiri told to wait until January for Liverpool move

Liverpool failed with a late move for Bayern Munich attacker Xherdan Shaqiri in this summer's transfer window but have been told to wait until January if they want to sign the Switzerland international.

Source: Daily Express

Could be a good signing for Liverpool.

Caporegime
Got any other pointless comparisons between Mata & Ronaldo?

One scores 50 gials a season and is ruthlessly committed. The other doesn't and doesn't seem to have the same passion or desire? One puts his head down in adversity and looks like he's about to cry and tje other throws his hands in the air and demands the ball.

This isn't to do with skill or ability. Why do you think jose let him go? Work ethic and demeanour.

Soldato
There is a point with Mata that he's a luxury player. He needs fitting into a team, and almost needs it built around him. he cannot win games single handedly - he needs players to pass to. Nor is he a hard enough worker to put him into a team which isn't suited to his game.

He is very, very good at what he does. However, he needs to be in a team made for him, which arguably this United side is not.

Associate
I beleive we will end up on 433. I just don't see 352 working. Mata won't fit and Herrera can play as a CM and number 10 so I expect him to take over the number 10 role duties and CM duties. I want as to play Blind Herrera Carrick in the mf 3 with Januzaj Falcao Di Maria front 3

Carrick to be replaced by Strootman in summer, don't see why he'd leave Roma in Jan.

Soldato
OP
More today's papers.

Van Gaal ready to axe Mata

Louis van Gaal is ready to sell Juan Mata to accommodate further spending in January, with Arturo Vidal and Sami Khedira on his wishlist. Atletico, Roma and Juventus are all interested in the Spaniard, who is available for as little as £20 million.

Source: Daily Mail

If he goes for £20m then thats a huge loss! We did over pay for him however. Still don't want to see him go as he hasn't really got to his best.

Last edited:
Caporegime
See in that video he actually runs forward with the ball at least twice. And when torres cut the ball back to him he kicks it into the net instead of falling over.

If he did that for utd he could still work out. I've just not seen that being implemented on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom