*January Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings*

Soldato
OP
Is he? Even when you have di maria, falcow, rooney and rvp?

I would like to see Mata behind RVP and Falcao rather than Rooney. Di Maria should be on the right or left, we have enough players going through the middle right now. Jose is right about Mata though, he does cause big problems when you need your team to defend. Jose saw this coming.

Juve need Mata more than UTD need Mata at this point in time. It makes sense to move him on but a hard one to accept.

Its a difficult one to figure out. I really don't want to see Mata become a "squad" player. :o

Caporegime
Wat? Have you never see him surging forward with the ball? He's a complete beast.

1 assist last season, 2 assists the season before. He can make chances for his self but I'm talking about as a purely creative player you won't be relying on Falcao to set players up left, right and centre which is the type of thing Mata should be relied upon to do. Didn't Moyes just chuck Mata on the wing half the time? He was immense for Chelsea and highly rated at Valencia too, poor tactics and a system that doesn't suit have failed him much the same as they did Kagawa.

Soldato
OP
Looks like we have some competition for Strootman.

PSG move for Man Utd target Strootman

Paris Saint-Germain will rival Manchester United in the battle to land Kevin Strootman. The French champions are ready to offer Arsenal and Chelsea target Adrien Rabiot plus cash in an effort to sign the Roma midfielder ahead of the Red Devils.

Source: Daily Express

I think we could lure him to play for UTD rather than going to France.

Manchester City join Rodriguez chase

Manchester City are preparing to make a January bid for Jay Rodriguez, assuming the Southampton ace proves his fitness in the coming months. The England international is wanted as part of the club's drive to recruit more homegrown players.

Source: The Sun

Recruit more home grown players? They have sold a teams worth of English players over the past few seasons.

Soldato
It would be another Scott Sinclair, Adam Johnson, Sturridge etc. Never be given a real chance over a big name player and just there to hit the quota.

i'm shocked Sinclair is still there, and that he only got 8 Apps at West Brom last season on loan, he looked talented at Swansea, confidence may be smashed.

Last edited:
Associate
im a Liverpool fan, talk is we are getting Konoplyanka and Victor Valdes on a free in before and in the Jan transfer market, would be two great signings.

Don
im a Liverpool fan, talk is we are getting Konoplyanka and Victor Valdes on a free in before and in the Jan transfer market, would be two great signings.

The Valdes signing looks like happening subject to him proving his fitness but where's the Konoplyanka talk come from?

Konoplyanka doesn't make sense for us any more. With Markovic & Lallana signing Konoplyanka would only be a squad player and block Ibe's progress into the first team squad.

Soldato
OP
Its all getting a bit bizarre now.

Real Madrid plot Van Persie swoop

Real Madrid are readying a £20 million January bid for Manchester United's Robin van Persie. The Dutchman has fallen down the pecking order after Radamel Falcao's summer arrival at Old Trafford.

Source: Daily Express

Pecking order? Where are they getting this from? Utter rubbish. We haven't even seen how the new team is going to play.

Man Utd tell Juventus: Give us £30m for Mata

Juventus are keen to sign Juan Mata in January but have been told by Manchester United that he will cost the Serie A side £30 million.

Source: Tuttosport

Looking likely that Mata will go in January. A real shame but I guess it has to be done.

Caporegime
Pecking order? Where are they getting this from? Utter rubbish. We haven't even seen how the new team is going to play.

Looking likely that Mata will go in January. A real shame but I guess it has to be done.

You go from one rumour and "where are they getting this from", to the second rumour and complete belief he'll be gone in 4 months.... seriously?

Back
Top Bottom