January Transfer Window 2017/18

Man of Honour
So Sturridge is murmuring about a january transfer, thats fine with me, he is surplus to requirements and I swear last time he was on the pitch he was outrun by a passing butterfly anyway.

Sadly, I also think Ings will need to move on in January to further his career. Really feel for the guy, good work ethic but just robbed of his chance in the side and I cant see any route for him to break into the first team now with Firmino, Salah, Mane, Lallana, Coutinho all leading the front line and Solanke, Woodburn and Brewster to come through.

Don
There's no actually quotes from Sturridge are there? This is purely from a Darren Lewis article? I think it's highly unlikely Sturridge will go in January for the simple reason that we can't or won't replace him then. He'll be gone by next summer though. I've been a staunch defender of Sturridge but he looks physically shot to bits now - can't hold the ball up and can't or is too scared to run. Technically he's still got it and his goals to minutes ratio this season is as good as ever but it's not sustainable when he's got the body of a 90 year old.

With Clyne now confirmed to be out until March it's imperative that we sign a CB in January. We could have maybe got away with our CB options had Clyne been fit and Gomez been able to play CB more but with Gomez now covering at RB we're desperately short at the back.

Soldato
Spurs should just get Bale back.

He would fill our needs for a pacey outlet, backup in the centre for Kane and add a bit of belief to the team.

Never gonna happen but I’ll keep dreaming.

Llorente doesn’t suit our system; nkoudou doesn’t get any time; and lamela is never gonna return from injury. Our attacking options are basically a choice of 4 players (son, Ali, eriksen and Kane).

Man of Honour
Similar sort of thing as Sturridge really, there is no doubting his natural ability, but you cant win points for your team from the medical room and its a lot of wages for someone to not actually play.

Soldato
Similar sort of thing as Sturridge really, there is no doubting his natural ability, but you cant win points for your team from the medical room and its a lot of wages for someone to not actually play.

Kind of but Sturridge has at least been available, Bale just hasnt been.

Caporegime
Mourinho asked if he’s worried about losing Fellaini next summer. “ I am.” Mourinho then asked what he can do to make Fellaini stay. “Nothing. “It is a discussion between the player and the board. I'm not involved in contracts...

Is it too soon to dream?

Associate
Griezmann should come to Everton. Really test himself here haha. Our January transfer window should be more about who leaves the club rather than who comes in.

So far I'd be getting shut of Rooney, Klaassen, Sigurdsson, Keane, Williams and Sandro this window haha.

I was trying to put my finger on the problem. I believe it is down to disparity in wages. A lot of the new signings have come in and are being paid £100k a week, that's a lot for Everton players and when you've got Barkley and Coleman on less than half of that I think it creates a toxic environment at the club.

We'd be better trying to maintain some parity like Spurs have done with players all earning close to the same wage and gradually bringing in better players rather than splashing out on a handful of players on lucrative contracts

Soldato
Well we do need to keep the medical staff occupied. Shaw and Jones need company... Kompany? He has to be worth a billion.

He still has a few years to sit in the physio room yet, maybe not at his peak.

Back to Bale I really don't honestly see anyone being willing to match his wage demands even on a free because of his injuries.

Last I heard Griezmann was getting close to a Barcelona move too. With most of that Neymar money still to spend they could afford him.

Back
Top Bottom