January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
I really don't understand that price tag. He's one step away from being taken out back and shot so I would've thought getting him off the wage bill would've sufficed.

He isnt really, he was available for a lot of last season, Klopp just didnt play him.

He's lost that yard of pace but i still think he could do a job for a mid table side like West Ham.

If Johnny Evans is moving on for close to 30 mil (reported) then why not Sturridge? More injury prone sure but strikers always go for more.

Man of Honour
OP
Simon Stone and David Ornstein have written a BBC article which effectively says:

Arsenal will let Sanchez leave for the right price (£30m~)

City preferred destination

Man Utd were interested in September but current level of interest is unclear amid claims abroad that a bid has been made

Arsenal want Malcom to replace Sanchez if he goes

Soldato
#WelcomeTheo

Then you remember he's 29 and we'll pay £20m for him. Great work Walsh you fraud.

Interested where you're seeing this - for me thats a lot of money for a player that really hasn't done anything in his whole career, even in todays market.

I'd much rather take a punt on Sturridge, although doubtful Liverpool would sell to Everton I guess.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Running man, you should just support Liverpool. Your love for United would fit in
Maybe he was available because klopp didn't play him :p

Exactly. You tend to get injured playing in competitive matches. He has only remained injury free because he hasn't been played.

Liverpool should take ~£15m and the reduction in wages.

Last edited:
Don
Klopp was asked about Coutinho, Sturridge, Keita and any other possible incomings during his press-conference earlier. On Coutinho he said that he felt it was impossible to keep Coutinho and for him to carry on performing as he was any longer and that's why we sold him. He wouldn't give an answer specific to the Sturridge stories but crucially didn't rule anything out, basically saying that we'll see what happens between now and the end of the window. Pretty much the same story with Keita and other possible arrivals - we're looking for players but won't do anything crazy. I'd like to think that's just a line to tell selling clubs that we're not desperate in an attempt to lower their demands.
Liverpool should take ~£15m and the reduction in wages.
I'd be stunned if anybody offered that. It's not just the amount of games he misses through injury any more either - at least before when he was fit you still had a top class striker but he's now physically shot to bits and can't perform as he used to. With the ball at his feet in and around the penalty area he's still as good as they come but the Sturridge that would play on the shoulder of the last defender and terrorise teams in behind is long gone - he either physically isn't capable or is too scared to spring any more.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'd be stunned if anybody offered that. It's not just the amount of games he misses through injury any more either - at least before when he was fit you still had a top class striker but he's now physically shot to bits and can't perform as he used to. With the ball at his feet in and around the penalty area he's still as good as they come but the Sturridge that would play on the shoulder of the last defender and terrorise teams in behind is long gone - he either physically isn't capable or is too scared to spring any more.

I reckon in the current market you could get that. There is always that lure for arrogant managers that think "hes just been managed poorly" or "he just needs a run of games". And if you can get him fit for even half a season he would be worth twice that amount. Perhaps he just needs to release a fitness video or does that not work any more?

United and Chelsea both took Falcao on loan when he was clearly a quarter of the player he once was.

Don
I reckon in the current market you could get that. There is always that lure for arrogant managers that think "hes just been managed poorly" or "he just needs a run of games". And if you can get him fit for even half a season he would be worth twice that amount. Perhaps he just needs to release a fitness video or does that not work any more?

United and Chelsea both took Falcao on loan when he was clearly a quarter of the player he once was.
Falcao went to Chelsea because of Mourinho's connection to Mendes - Mendes has Wolves for that sort of thing now. Utd took a punt, Sturridge is 12 months too late for that.

Man of Honour
OP
Reports coming out now that City won’t pay the £35m Arsenal want for Sanchez, as well as the big agent fee, and are prepared to walk away. Could easily be negotiating tactics but money talks, we need him more than City and might be prepared to push the boat out... Sanchez is desperate to leave Arsenal by any means necessary.

Mourinho press conference in an hour or so.

Don
It's all a game of who blinks first and Utd have put themselves on standby if it's Sanchez. The longer this drags on the less likely it'll be City to blink first imo - the closer to Jesus's comeback we get, the less City need him.

Caporegime
It's all a game of who blinks first and Utd have put themselves on standby if it's Sanchez. The longer this drags on the less likely it'll be City to blink first imo - the closer to Jesus's comeback we get, the less City need him.
I do wonder where Sanchez will play because he does a similar role to KDB and he's unlikely to take the place of Sterling, Aguero or Jesus. He may find himself on the bench more than he does at Arsenal and may not like it. At Arsenal he's almost guaranteed to start every match he's fit.

Caporegime
I'd say he gets in ahead of Sane and Sterling but given the amount of competitions they're currently involved in, and probably will be each year, they'll need a bigger squad to be able to rotate their players.

Back
Top Bottom