January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
Looks like Mkhitaryan isn't exactly interested in an Arsenal move. Shame as I think he'd be a good fit for our system, but I can understand his reservations are we're a club heading backwards at the moment.

No way should we sanction a sale to United without him coming the other way.
this ^

i will try and dig up another link as i saw it on my news feed somewhere

Man of Honour
OP
Still yet to see a credible report that says he doesn't want to join Arsenal. Just because he hasn't jumped at the first offer Arsenal made, doesn't mean he isn't interested.

Man of Honour
OP
Sanchez's journalist mate:

@MaksCardenas
Is not about the money. Alexis prefers United to city because he knows he can be a star there. In City he would not know even if he would always be a starter. And Alexis likes to play everything even friendly matches.

:p

Caporegime
Finally Walcott has been sold, good riddance to him. Taken us long enough to ditch him.

Saying that I wish him best of luck at Everton and fat Sam’s penchant for long ball football:p.

Now spend some of that money Wenger...

Associate
Wenger will probably buy a young unknown player :p
I'm hoping Wenger will go out and by another small attacking midfielder and thus opening the door for Nzonzi to follow Walcott to Everton.

Arsenal are the only real threat to signing Nzonzi and God knows we need a powerful midfielder who can keep possession of the ball.

Don
Finally Walcott has been sold, good riddance to him. Taken us long enough to ditch him.

Saying that I wish him best of luck at Everton and fat Sam’s penchant for long ball football:p.

Now spend some of that money Wenger...

It is a shame your current longest serving player doesn't go out with a little bit more respect. It's not his fault he was benched, it is not his fault he wasn't played in his desired position, it is not his fault the club is stupid enough to pay him wages that you deem over the odds for a player of his calibre. He hasn't exactly kicked up a fuss in his time with you and seems a good pro and nice chap. I hope he scored a hat trick against you when you play next.

Soldato
Good to see we are having a clear out at Arsenal.

Walcott had potential but was more boy than man.

Not sure how good Mhiky is, but I'll take him and Aubameyang.

Sanchez is good when on form but he's not been right for at least a year now. The team is better off getting rid of any bad eggs.

Aubameyang isn't a straight swap for Sanchez but I'm sure we can make it work.

Will help a lot they played together at Dortmund. It's no surprise we hire this Sven dude and everyone we are linked with is either a former/current Dortmund player or based in Germany.

Mavropanos is also meant to be tasty for a 20 year old Greek whose never played in England before.

Need to sign a quality defensive midfielder tho. But in typical Wenger fashion I think he sees Maitland-Niles eventually playing there.

Will be a real coup if we do her Aubameyang tho.

Are we worried about Lacazettes lack of goals?

Also just to highlight the thin margins in football and how making the right decisions counts. We choose Xhaka over signing Kante.

Hopefully a new chief scout other than Wenger will get more if these decisions right.

Last edited:
Associate
It is a shame your current longest serving player doesn't go out with a little bit more respect. It's not his fault he was benched, it is not his fault he wasn't played in his desired position, it is not his fault the club is stupid enough to pay him wages that you deem over the odds for a player of his calibre. He hasn't exactly kicked up a fuss in his time with you and seems a good pro and nice chap. I hope he scored a hat trick against you when you play next.
It was the same with Rooney leaving Utd. The amount of trophies he won at Utd was exceptional and they sure got their money's worth out of him. Players get old, they fall out of favour, whatever. It's almost unheard of to hear of players staying at a club for 10 years, that's practically a lifetime.

Associate
I know we need good players to replace those already gone and those who will be leaving Arsenal soon, and there's no question that PEA is a good player, but is he the right good player for us?

I know PEA has played a lot as a winger, but given his success up front would he work out wide in the same 11 as Lacazette?

Soldato
His a waste of space.

Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
Chelsea last season were an exception to the rule because they had a CL quality squad without the extra games. That said, to say it was the major reason is pushing it just a little. Chelsea comfortably outperformed every other side and even with the added fixtures you'd have fancied them to have won the league.
They were ahead of Spurs by a pretty small margin (7 points) and had a worse goal difference.

The additional rest days could easily account for such a small amount of points - just look at Spurs draws in the league in Oct /Nov when they had a clutch of Europa league games....Chelsea had a run of wins in the same period (some of them relatively narrow as well given the opposition)

Back
Top Bottom