January Transfer Window 21/22

Man of Honour
Lille are a club with no future, even their manager walked away after last season. It was as good as it was going to get there last season, now they're back to being mid table in a poor league.

But at least they are still in a top tier division. Theres a significant chance of Newcastle being relegated ( I actually think they will ) , now in theory they should bounce straight back up but what if they dont, then Botman has swapped top league football for 2nd tier football for x years. Perhaps thats fine for him but if it was me, I'd rather be at a mid table team in the top national division than a team in the 2nd tier national division unless he see's the move as just a stepping stone to get him noticed in the Premier League with a view to then moving on to a bigger Premier League side

Caporegime
But at least they are still in a top tier division. Theres a significant chance of Newcastle being relegated ( I actually think they will ) , now in theory they should bounce straight back up but what if they dont, then Botman has swapped top league football for 2nd tier football for x years. Perhaps thats fine for him but if it was me, I'd rather be at a mid table team in the top national division than a team in the 2nd tier national division unless he see's the move as just a stepping stone to get him noticed in the Premier League with a view to then moving on to a bigger Premier League side

If they go down (which is a huge if) they'll come back up in a year or two at most. Ligue 1 is a 'top tier division' but playing in a club outside the top 4 or so is definitely a lower standard than the Championship.

Man of Honour
If they go down (which is a huge if) they'll come back up in a year or two at most. Ligue 1 is a 'top tier division' but playing in a club outside the top 4 or so is definitely a lower standard than the Championship.

You have more confidence than me in them staying up it seems. For me its likely they will go down for you its likely they will stay up. I guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens, whether Botman joins Newcastle, whether Newcastle stays up and whether everything now works out for Newcastle under their new leadership or whether it doesnt really end up changing anything on the pitch. We've only got to wait a few months to know the answers. First thing Newcastle need to do is not lose to Watford because if they do they'll be 5 pts from safety with both the teams above them having games in hand

Don
I think Newcastle have a better chance of staying up than going down. They're only 2 points behind Watford in 17th who have lost their last 6. Watford and Norwich look bankers to go down, leaving a battle between Burnley and Newcastle for the last spot.

Caporegime
I think Newcastle have a better chance of staying up than going down. They're only 2 points behind Watford in 17th who have lost their last 6. Watford and Norwich look bankers to go down, leaving a battle between Burnley and Newcastle for the last spot.
I sure as hell know who I’m rooting for out of Newcastle and Burnley

Man of Honour

As I say, their next match in a weeks time will be important, if Newcastle beat Watford in that game then Newcastle will be 1pt above Watford (albeit with Watford having a game in hand), if Newcastle lose that game to Watford then they will be 5 pts behind Watford, with Watford also having a game in hand.

But equally as I say, we can discuss every permutation under the sun and be wrong, best thing to do is wait and see what happens.
(I will state on record that my 3 for relegation is Newcastle, Burnley and Norwich... Watford are the team I think will stay up)

Soldato
when I first heard about the move. A loan for one season clause was mentioned if relegated.

Soldato
Tagliafico now being mentioned for the left back spot for Newcastle. A worrying point I think is that it's all good and well getting the new signings in, but getting a whole new back 4 to gel straight away is a hard task.

Keeping clean sheets/defensive performances have never been at the forefront of Howes managerial strengths.

I sure as hell know who I’m rooting for out of Newcastle and Burnley

Hope the ginger whinger goes down!

Soldato
Football journo's are just full of crap constantly. They end up causing more trouble. 99% of what they say is fake and the truth only comes out when everyone knows anyway.
Your not wrong there, last week it was reported we were apparently signing trippier for £28m and he was on £250k a week for 3.5 years, when we really signed him for £12m and he’s on less then £100k a week for 2.5 years.

Consigliere
Trippier has been asked 'why go to a relegation battle when you could be playing Champions League?' and he simply said he wanted this challenge.

I stand by this that I posted a short while ago.

He also wanted to move back to north England, worked with Eddie Howe before and is getting an okay salary also. Win win really. :)

Hope it goes well and time will tell...

Soldato
Think Newcastle are finding out just how hard the January transfer window is to negotiate in, getting took to the cleaners with asking prices now everyone knows their situation.

If they go OTT with fees and wages now it will screw them for next summer too.

Looks ever more than likely they won't get a striker in before the Watford game, and Lille just keep upping their asking price for CB Bottman, now at 41m. Insane.

Back
Top Bottom