January Transfer Window 21/22

Don
I doubt Levy would have put in clauses that wouldn't be achievable, regardless of them wanting shot.
Levy put a £60m purchase option in Ndombele's loan deal to Lyon - there's more chance of a League 2 side paying £60m on a player than Lyon :p It's just to make the deal look better. It's not specific to that or the Alli deal but I do sometimes think headline transfer fees are bloated by unachievable clauses just to save face when a club is shifting an unwanted player.

As I said, I'd be amazed if Everton's survival has any meaningful impact on the Alli fee. I'd imagine the fee is mostly made up of appearance based add-ons, goals and things like Alli getting called back up to the England squad. They're both achievable and directly linked to Alli's performances.

Don
Easy solution, Barca cancel Dembele contract, he then signs for Arsenal as a free agent.
He wouldn't be able to register for Arsenal until the summer window opens now though. It's only if the player is unregistered before the close of the transfer window that they can then sign for a new club outside the transfer window.

edit: Roy Keane still hasn't forgiven Fergie for telling him that he could join another club if Utd terminated his contract - he was left waiting until January before he could sign for Celtic.

Soldato
Levy put a £60m purchase option in Ndombele's loan deal to Lyon - there's more chance of a League 2 side paying £60m on a player than Lyon :p It's just to make the deal look better. It's not specific to that or the Alli deal but I do sometimes think headline transfer fees are bloated by unachievable clauses just to save face when a club is shifting an unwanted player.

As I said, I'd be amazed if Everton's survival has any meaningful impact on the Alli fee. I'd imagine the fee is mostly made up of appearance based add-ons, goals and things like Alli getting called back up to the England squad. They're both achievable and directly linked to Alli's performances.

Probably yeah, reports are that Lyon are struggling financially, they won't get European football this season and even with the sale of Bruno they couldn't afford to buy him back, even so why would they? Even when they sold him to spurs his form was erratic and they were rubbing their hands at 60m.

They probably thought Christmas had came rear as early :cry:

Don
Probably yeah, reports are that Lyon are struggling financially, they won't get European football this season and even with the sale of Bruno they couldn't afford to buy him back, even so why would they? Even when they sold him to spurs his form was erratic and they were rubbing their hands at 60m.

They probably thought Christmas had came rear as early :cry:
I'm not sure Lyon fans agree with that last part. My friend raved about him like no other player, he was convinced that Ndombele would become an absolute superstar.

Don
It looks like Raphinha has agreed terms with Barca and they’ve started their bid at 29m. Think I’d prefer to get relegated and let him go for his release clause of 25m than that stupid offer.

Soldato
It looks like Raphinha has agreed terms with Barca and they’ve started their bid at 29m. Think I’d prefer to get relegated and let him go for his release clause of 25m than that stupid offer.

If he has agreed id love Leeds to call Barca out for tapping up.

29 mil tho...lol

Caporegime
David James in the Mail today starting the Martinelli tapping up for Liverpool. Same happening with Saka.

Footballs such a cynical industry, the minute a team starts to do well, other clubs, pundits and the media have to try and find a way of upsetting the apple cart.

Liverpool and all the rest can do one. Saka and Martinelli are going nowhere.

Soldato
David James in the Mail today starting the Martinelli tapping up for Liverpool. Same happening with Saka.

Footballs such a cynical industry, the minute a team starts to do well, other clubs, pundits and the media have to try and find a way of upsetting the apple cart.

Not sure what Liverpool have done here to spark that reaction lmao. This isn’t the first time a player will get linked to a club...I mean look at Salah it’s a daily occurrence.

Permabanned

maybe because they are good players and should be playing at a decent club ?

Caporegime
Not sure what Liverpool have done here to spark that reaction lmao. This isn’t the first time a player will get linked to a club...I mean look at Salah it’s a daily occurrence.
It’s not so much Liverpool, it’s the pundits. I’m already fed up of Garth Crooks saying Saka should move, literally every time he puts him in his TOTW. Funnily enough, he never says it about Kane, the bitter spud ****. Now we’ve got James at it with Martinelli. I don’t see any pundits doing stories on why Salah should leave Liverpool.

teenwolf, I’m not biting to that obvious baiting

Caporegime
Saka and Martinelli are going nowhere.

That's one of those statements that could bite you in the arse. Achieving top 4 this season will certainly help but I imagine both of those players wouldn't turn down the opportunity for consistent champions league appearances and chance to win big trophies. Martinelli has no real allegiances with the club?

Garth Crooks should be nowhere near a pundits chair though and David James is a known wind-up merchant. He may not have said it about Kane but plenty of other pundits have said he should move on over the years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's one of those statements that could bite you in the arse. Achieving top 4 this season will certainly help but I imagine both of those players wouldn't turn down the opportunity for consistent champions league appearances and chance to win big trophies. Martinelli has no real allegiances with the club?

Garth Crooks should be nowhere near a pundits chair though and David James is a known wind-up merchant. He may not have said it about Kane but plenty of other pundits have said he should move on over the years.
We’ll have to see if these are empty words

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...i-vows-stay-Emirates-Stadium-entire-LIFE.html

Back
Top Bottom