Poll: Japanese Grand Prix 2018, Suzuka - Race 17/21

Rate the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix out of ten.

• Total voters
Soldato
To be honest F1 should up the heritage payment to Ferrari due to the pressure Ferrari are under making it almost twice as difficult for them to win the titles. At least Vettel keeps his dignity when he isn't getting the rub of the green i.e. mostly always since summer break. When things start going badly for Ham the rattle comes out of the pram instantly.

That's the funniest thing I've read all week. You've got a great future in satire. :D

Man of Honour
I am getting a little tired of the media bashing Vettel and am glad Hamilton called them out on it. It just isn't necessary. Every F1 page I look at (other than the official F1 page that is going full out to defend Ferrari) is taking a swing at either Ferrari or Vettel.

Soldato
Not much different to this thread, at the end of the day he is one of the top 4 drivers on the grid if you like him or not.
I'm not sure if I like him or not, can't make my mind up. On the one hand he does seem to have matured this year (interviews a lot better) but on the other hand he still blames others for his own mistakes, but don't they all?

Soldato
Most of the stuff in this forum is in direct response to the nonsense posted by the two or three infantile Vettel / Ferrari fan boys though.

Hamilton's comments are psychological and very clever, leaping to the defence and support of his rival. The same as the nonsense 'I wish we had a challenge from Ferrari like we did in Monza' when only a few days before his teammate was ordered to let him pass to mitigate the challenge of Ferrari.

Soldato
Yeah, about fifth. I'd stick (in no particular order) Hamilton, Alonso, Max, Ricciardo ahead of him. He's fast when the car is perfect and suits him and he can run away from people (ie 2011). When the chips are down and he's got to fight wheel to wheel with less advantageous equipment then he makes silly mistakes and it spirals...

Soldato
Hamilton's comments are psychological and very clever, leaping to the defence and support of his rival. The same as the nonsense 'I wish we had a challenge from Ferrari like we did in Monza' when only a few days before his teammate was ordered to let him pass to mitigate the challenge of Ferrari.
But that order came from Toto not Lewis. Maybe he is using psychology but perhaps he does actually have some genuine respect for Seb and thinks that the non-stop thrashing he's getting is simply too much.

Soldato
But that order came from Toto not Lewis. Maybe he is using psychology but perhaps he does actually have some genuine respect for Seb and thinks that the non-stop thrashing he's getting is simply too much.

He may do. The point I was making is that irrespective of where the order comes from, he's a beneficiary of it. He can say all he likes about how people should lay off Seb - it is a lot easier and sends quite a different message to Seb when Hamilton's kicked his **** on the track for four races in a row, and has had his teammate ordered to move over to help with one of them.

Let me put it another way - do you think that Vettel would have read the stories about Hamilton saying ease off on him and been pleased or angry? I think he'd have been spitting feathers - the last thing he wants is Hamilton's pity or mercy.

alx

alx

Soldato
He may do. The point I was making is that irrespective of where the order comes from, he's a beneficiary of it. He can say all he likes about how people should lay off Seb - it is a lot easier and sends quite a different message to Seb when Hamilton's kicked his **** on the track for four races in a row, and has had his teammate ordered to move over to help with one of them.

Let me put it another way - do you think that Vettel would have read the stories about Hamilton saying ease off on him and been pleased or angry? I think he'd have been spitting feathers - the last thing he wants is Hamilton's pity or mercy.

I do think Hamilton's comments are genuine, he's generally shown respect towards Vettel and acknowledges he's a top driver over the years. As with most top sportsmen they've had their fair share negative media spotlight, so can understand how annoying and unfair it can be when they go over the top.

Soldato
I think Seb may have been quite grateful. I don't think it wasn't pity or mercy, I think it was genuine support from one sportsman to another. I do think that perhaps the 'I wish we had a challenge from Ferrari like we did in Monza' comment might have annoyed him though.

Caporegime
I think Seb may have been quite grateful. I don't think it wasn't pity or mercy, I think it was genuine support from one sportsman to another. I do think that perhaps the 'I wish we had a challenge from Ferrari like we did in Monza' comment might have annoyed him though.

Would bet same tone wouldnt have been taken had championship been close. Its easy to praise your competitors when they arent a threat

Soldato
Not much different to this thread, at the end of the day he is one of the top 4 drivers on the grid if you like him or not.

What's he done recently? Like Alonso, he's supposed to be a great talent, but what's his performances and championships been like recently? Has he bought glory or embarrassment to himself and his teams?

Back
Top Bottom