Jay's (Dead Dog's son) Collection Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
There is now a grand total of: £434.24

That's including the interest the account has received! Well done guys that's a fantastic amount :) I don't know if Berserker has anymore in his nochex or paypal - but either way that's fantastic going. :) This will be able to buy a nice present for Jay or whatever he wants to do with it.

Man of Honour
I'd like to make sure all donations reach Freefaller in good time for July 10th. With that in mind, if anyone still wishes to make a donation via PayPal or Nochex, please can you do so by Sunday night.

I'll transfer any additional donations on Monday morning and then close the donate01@... address.

Thanks for your time and your generosity. :)

Man of Honour
OP
As of Wednesday I shall unstick and Archive this thread. So if people want to save the URL to get back to this then please do. Mightynimrod and/or I will bump the original thread with meeting times for the 10th or start a new thread. :)

Soldato
to let you all know, i've booked a pizza hut for next weekend - 10th @ ***edit, 12 midday***
route map + details
i've never eaten there before, they're all pretty much the same tho, so i've gone for one that's a sinch to get to ;)

they asked how many it was for...... :( :p , so if you'd like to came along, can you let me know asap please

from chats with mightynimrod, i believe he's thinking of a thread dedicated to the meet up, so keep your eyes peeled

please note, that due to Jays condition, we cannot guarauntee that it will actually go ahead, but we will keep you up to date, and let you ASAP if we can't make it :( , but he's had a good week, and fingers crossed all will be good :)
another restriction , we have to make is if you are in contact with anyone with chicken pox, mumps, measels or other more serious illnesses / well pretty much anything more than a cold or slight tummy bug, unfortunately we ask you not to come / Sorry !

we look forward to it !

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Count me in (I kinda have to be there to give the cheque anyway :p).

I have never had so much as a cold - though I did have the pox as a kid but that was a long time ago now. So I'm pretty sure I'm safe. :)

Soldato
Freefaller said:
Count me in (I kinda have to be there to give the cheque anyway :p).

I have never had so much as a cold - though I did have the pox as a kid but that was a long time ago now. So I'm pretty sure I'm safe. :)

nice one!

i rang back to confirm day, sure i just said the 10th, so thought i'd better dbl check, just as well i did - the guy hadn't put our name in the book ?!, the girl i then spoke to, asked if was a BD party, i said " not exactly", and explained about jay and what you guys had done, she went " Awwwwww, we'll do balloons !" :D

to clarify a bit, it doesnt matter if you've had CP, Mu or Measels, just as long as you don't have it now, or if you are in frequent contact with someone who does. ie your children have one of them. ;)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Awwww@balloons :)
I won't be able to attend but I hope you all have a fantastic time, especially Jay of course :)

Man of Honour
Don't think I'll be able to make it either. :(

Still, Freefaller should now have all the money donated via PayPal and Nochex - a grand total of £224.15 (most of which is already included in the total posted above).

Soldato
to let you all know, the time has been changed to 12 midday

Sam also had the idea of getting a local paper involved, so maybe we'll get our mugs in the local, if they're interested or can make it !
a few cancer / leuk children have been in the papers quite recently + i think a good will story like this is well interesting enough for a local, does a lot to re-install faith in human nature :)

Soldato
Well so far it's myself and Freefaller.

Damn, you dont want just our ugly mugs in the local rag do ya???

;)

2nd-ed with the faith in human nature, it just shows what a really decent bunch of people we've got running round here.

Thanks guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom