• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

JayZ review of the 5700XT Red Devil, don't OC, Undervolt.

I’m pretty sure windows will help you and temp close some of those programs :) I know your not being serious though but to many chrome tabs isn’t a bad thing just very ram intensive and word whilst in background uses very little Spotify is the worst of the lot.

But a lot of people would have steam uplay origin epic Corsair/Razer/Logitech open maybe even plex antiviruz onedrive then have Nvidia/amd stuff motherboard software like so suite or gamer first lan stuff it’s amazing what we do have running in the background on our pc’s it why I think reviewers benchmarks are next to useless for the average pc user as I can only speak for myself but I would imagine a lot of people are the same we don’t optimise our pc when we open a game we sit down click steam find game u want to play and click play forgetting the background software the 10 chrome tabs with some YouTube in at least one of them. Pc is called personal computer for a reason :)
I'm being serious though :) Using around 13GB ram so 20% of what's available to me, cpu is at around 9% usage. the power in modern-day PC's is immense, you can run so much stuff and it just laps it up.

I know what tabs are but surely it's not 200 tabs on different threads on the same couple forums. I've only ever had two tabs open and then I close them both when finished.

Not having a go just don't understand the reason behind not doing it any other way?

I know what tabs are but surely it's not 200 tabs on different threads on the same couple forums. I've only ever had two tabs open and then I close them both when finished.

Not having a go just don't understand the reason behind not doing it any other way?

7 chrome windows, lots of tabs in each, there split into different windows, a uni one, wow classic one, general one, server stuff, you tube. Just open more tabs of stuff as you need. I don't understand not keeping tabs open, It's stuff I'm going to use in the future or read/watch later. Don't think I could cope with only 1 window and 2 tabs open :O

edit: I've not got a threadripper but this talks about having lots of stuff going on on comp around 1 min 40 secs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrK446JaLQ

7 chrome windows, lots of tabs in each, there split into different windows, a uni one, wow classic one, general one, server stuff, you tube. Just open more tabs of stuff as you need. I don't understand not keeping tabs open, It's stuff I'm going to use in the future or read/watch later. Don't think I could cope with only 1 window and 2 tabs open :O

edit: I've not got a threadripper but this talks about having lots of stuff going on on comp around 1 min 40 secs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrK446JaLQ

Thanks that was a good video. Threadripper sounds a beast. But it came down to laziness for this guy. Read the comments and they made the same point you did and I think I get why you do it.

I think some on here are confusing tabs with bookmarks :p
Haha. Well said. I have everything I need nicely bookmarked. Even have a toolbar with most common stuff. As a result you will rarely catch me with double digit tabs open. Must be a nightmare having them all open and to search for the tab you want. Quicker to just click the bookmark you want I would imagine.

Just open more tabs of stuff as you need. I don't understand not keeping tabs open, It's stuff I'm going to use in the future or read/watch later.

This is literally the reason bookmarks were invented. You can even make folders for all the tabs you want to open at once whenever you need them! You're just using resources up for something you might possibly use at some point for a few seconds. Just bookmark it and open it when you need it. Modern internet speeds a page takes a second to load when needed.

This is literally the reason bookmarks were invented. You can even make folders for all the tabs you want to open at once whenever you need them! You're just using resources up for something you might possibly use at some point for a few seconds. Just bookmark it and open it when you need it. Modern internet speeds a page takes a second to load when needed.
I used bookmarks years ago, it just became easier to leave tabs open

Pleased with the Red Devil so far. Quick Time Spy run 9138. Bearing inind nothing is tweaked or optimised on my system yet. Graphics score 9088 CPU score 9438. Only recognises my card as generic VGA, must be too new!

I feel like an impatient toddler :D

My RX570 4GB is struggling so much with my new 3440x1440 monitor. I need a GPU upgrade. But until prices and availability settle down, I can't see the sense in jumping on board. Fortunately I'm away for most of the next six weeks, by which point prices will hopefully have settled (and Black Friday will be on the way...).

Back
Top Bottom