Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
JC could say something like asking why blacks are all thieves and pakistanis smell and they still would go through the motions before re-instating him. For some reason he's untouchable. His tired old routine and tired format of the show put me off watching about 3 years ago.

Jacket and Jeans, should have been fired long ago just for that.

Im not surprised to be honest but if anything drastic happens...like removing him from top gear would be a shame. As others have said, he IS Top Gear and it wouldn't be the same - I bet a lot of people wouldn't watch it if it was just May and Hammond + newbie.

He is pushing his luck constantly and this time it may actually bite him back.

I still like him, think he is awesome! :) Will be interesting to hear what actually happened

I'd say that's time then. The BBC have backed themselves into a corner with this one. If he's punched an employee of the BBC how could they not fire him? After all he is on his final warning :rolleyes:

If they keep him on the BBC just look like a wet blanket. Unless of course it either turns out to not be true, or there's a very good reason such as the producer being a complete ****ing dick and everyone knows it :confused:

It'll be a real shame if Top Gear were to end like this. I was hoping for a blaze of glory. A race to the moon or something.

Im not surprised to be honest but if anything drastic happens...like removing him from top gear would be a shame. As others have said, he IS Top Gear and it wouldn't be the same - I bet a lot of people wouldn't watch it if it was just May and Hammond + newbie.

He is pushing his luck constantly and this time it may actually bite him back.

I still like him, think he is awesome! :) Will be interesting to hear what actually happened

I like May and Hammond but they all have a chemistry without one of them (any of them) it would not be the same.

I bet a lot of people wouldn't watch it if it was just May and Hammond + newbie.

Depends on who the newbie is and if they refresh the format. The reason I don't watch is I think JC is a tit and Hammond is annoying and the format is stale. Bring in Chris Harris and him and Captain Slow could actually have a decent show that focuses on the actual technology and engineering. But then it would lose the meathead population that tune in to watch three morons slide about in fast cars.

They'd need to do something new with it if it is to carry on. It's got a bit stale lately so that's no necessarily a bad thing.

If he has genuinely punched someone, then thats him gone. Its a shame for Top Gear, but you can't have employees using violence against each other, no matter how high profile.

Still, lets wait and see what happens, I doubt this story will go away so quickly :D

Depends on who the newbie is and if they refresh the format. The reason I don't watch is I think JC is a tit and Hammond is annoying and the format is stale. Bring in Chris Harris and him and Captain Slow could actually have a decent show that focuses on the actual technology and engineering. But then it would lose the meathead population that tune in to watch three morons slide about in fast cars.

So I am a meathead because I like the humour?

Ahhh the BBC and their overly bureaucratic political correctness moral compass. I know it's a paid for service, but they really go OTT with their touchy feely stuff. That said, rumours are he punched a female producer - if that's the case, that's not on. However, rumours are rumours. If he has been suspended for being a prat then fair play - if it's just more overly tight PCness then I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess JC has had one too many blunders recently... Shame, but if he does get axed from the BBC, people will follow - I will be one of them. Yes he's a bit of a blundering buffoon but that's why I like him.

I doubt that the BBC will cut top gear. They make so much money from it they could not just let it go to sky,ITV etc because they know everyone would move to a different channel. They will probably take disciplinary action

Even the rumours of him of him punching cannot agree. Did he aim a punch or throw a punch, or am I just being overly picky of the language used.

Agreed, there's only about 5 people who want a boring car review, I don't buy new cars and even those who do buy new cars don't buy them weekly. Car reviews on TV are utterly pointless, top gear without him would suck.

JC could say something like asking why blacks are all thieves and pakistanis smell and they still would go through the motions before re-instating him. For some reason he's untouchable. His tired old routine and tired format of the show put me off watching about 3 years ago.

Jacket and Jeans, should have been fired long ago just for that.

Oh no he pokes fun at stereotypes and wears Jeans! Quick, call the Police! In other news I got offended by someone on Twitter this morning, I had better remember to inform Scotland Yard

That was old Top Gear and no one watched it

I wonder what forced an otherwise non-violent old man to want to punch someone? I find this aspect more saddening than a mere "producer getting punched".

Jeremy must be pretty mortified as well because he's not generally a violent person/psychopath.

Did the producer say something about his wife/kids?

There are scenarios where a swift punch in the face can be well deserved and can actually stop future quibbles.

Last edited:
Wonder what the other two would do if he got sacked. Would they leave and start a new car show on sky maybe.

I hope we find out what has caused this.

well it has happened before in a sense, the original Top Gear came to an end - the production team and some of the other presenters started 5th gear... later Top Gear relaunches with a new team including Clarkson and completely dominates...

BBC sacking him if they don't absolutely have to would be the dumbest move ever - I don't really care if he made a mild joke about a bridge having a slope on it or if he may have mumbled a word on a bit of footage that wasn't even broadcast - storm in a teacup stuff...

Maybe he has had a tear up with a producer - so what, people have heated arguments at some workplaces all the time - as long as he hasn't done something stupid like punch the guy in the face then meh...

then again there is always the chance he has punched him in the face in which case I guess the BBC might well have to sack him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom