Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't know about Radio 3, but 5 Live will be all the live sports rights. And burgers for Alan Green. I'm surprised 5 Live doesn't cost much more to be honest.

Radio 3 do a lot of live in concert shows which will bump up the price. I assume it is also quite expensive to run a live performance studio too.

Soldato
I was told it's because he's punched a producer, I've not found anything to back this up yet though.
edit: It's on the Sun's headline about the story.

Clarkson basically owns Top Gear in everything but name, this stems from the time it was on its knees after the first couple of seasons, Clarkson brought it back from the dead, and in doing so, he re-negotiated his contract each series to include a little more control..
He owned the format when it came back, he's only recently sold it to the BBC. I think Quentin Wilson still had some stake in it until that point, or maybe it was Tiff, one of the original presenters.

Last edited:
Associate
Meh your all muppets for paying a license fee anyway, i can find everything I want online with no meed for one. The only TV service i would buy but cant because HBO are idiots and wont allow non us subs so i end up watching GoT elsewhere, their loss.

If Clrkson goes a lot of fans of TG will go to and i wouldnt be suprised if May and Hammond go if all 3 get a good deal else where.

Genius, why didn't I think of that!

If no one paid their licence fee then you wouldn't be able to get Top Gear for free.

Soldato
Parts are. The bit in the studio is during the week before. Wednesday before the Sunday if I remember correctly.

Thanks for clarifying. I just remember it being months after the Patagonia scandal hit the news that they actually showed it (but that didn't have any studio element)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom