Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If the rumours are true (And i doubt he just walked up and punched him) then its the first time i believe Clarkson has ACTUALLY done something wrong.

And what other job does throwing a punch at someone get overlooked just because it was the 'first offence' (disregarding the fact his employer clearly doesn't agree this is the 'first time' he's done something wrong given he was subjected to a 'final warning' last year).

Man of Honour
If the rumours are true (And i doubt he just walked up and punched him) then its the first time i believe Clarkson has ACTUALLY done something wrong.

Some of the stuff ("pranks") he has done to producers in the past would have got him fired from any other job.

Soldato
I quite like Top Gear but won't support a principle that just because I like a product, its staff can get away with workplace violence.

Agreed.

If any one of us threw a punch at a colleague at work we'd be out the door the same day. No suspensions or investigations, so why should Clarkson be allowed to commit common assault and just carry on as normal?

You're assuming he's guilty. Why did whoever he allegedly attacked wait so long before reporting it? Something doesn't smell right.

Soldato
I think he's great and will defend him to the hilt against the taking offense brigade but if he really has struck someone then I can't back him in this situation.

I do hope he doesn't lose his job over this as it would most likely end TG but if I did that in the workplace, I would expect to lose my job and rightly so.

Of course, this is still speculation.

Soldato
A petition to bring that moron is just ridiculous, let's leave petitions for important issues... Just a thought.

Clarksons an idiot, he should've been sacked years ago.

Great news

Soldato
I think he's great and will defend him to the hilt against the taking offense brigade but if he really has struck someone then I can't back him in this situation.

Surely it all depends on the context. For all we, the public, know this 'producer' may have said or done something that warranted a slap. We don't know the details yet.

Soldato
He's a bit of a plonker with his attitude to things, Top Gear is very average telly to say the least, staged bumps and crashes like were all born yesterday. Next please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom