Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Irrespective of the facts, I want to see TG.

I miss the old days when you'd have a punch up, go for a pint afterwards, and that would be that. *sigh* ;)

This surprises me tbh, you have always painted yourself completely the opposite in other threads and your attitude to violence. You would normally be a lot more balanced, until you knew the facts. :)

Thankfully times have progressed a little at work.

Soldato
Storm in a teacup I suspect. I've worked in industries where is a bit more 'physical' than the average bod working in a quiet office. Motor racing etc is one such industry.

What's Jeremy Clarkson got to do with the motor racing industry? He's a 54 y/o middle class buffoon who is a jourrnalist/TV presenter of a car show working for a public broadcasting service.

A large part of my work is with a company in the real motorsport industry and as 'physical' as it might be, punching work colleagues isn't acceptable :confused:

Hell, one of my employees is in an ongoing court case (as the accused) due to punching someone who broke into our unit during the night at one round and that was self defence and defending our property!

Soldato
That's what men were good at where women were not. Men used to fall out and it was over in no time and everything back to normal but with women, well can women just get over things that quickly? I think we've all got anecdotal evidence that suggests otherwise :D

Alas, times seem to be changing.

Unlike a few here I'll wait to see what actually happened before condemning him. This is also why I think jury service isn't a system we should have any more, people are far too quick to make thier minds up without finding out what actually happened.

Man of Honour
FarWellwornEkaltadeta.gif

"Punch someone, what me, never"

Caporegime
Just wondering, would people be less outraged if it had been a female producer he had gone to punch?

I love Top Gear, but if any of us had done this, we would expect to be suspended from work whilst an investigation took place.

Has the sex of the producer been released?

As for the question, the likelyhood is there would have been far more uproar about him hitting a female producer than male. Whether that's right or not is up to you to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom