Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't understand the uproar. If he hit someone he should get sacked and if it was just a loud argument, a suspension for a certain period time is sufficient.

Soldato
Of course it wont

Why should it? Why should popularity matter in this case? Popularity is what allowed Saville to rape children for decades. The BBC should investigate, find out exactly what happened and act according to their rules and regulations.

Associate
This is what annoys me about the whole damn thing regarding Clarkson's "controversial" moments. All of the comments that Clarkson has made on Top Gear have been through an editing suite, and someone senior (and I'm guessing it's not just Andy Wilman) has to to ok it.

Makes you wonder whether the BBC (or some within) have deliberately set out against him because he refuses to spout their PC party line.

Personally I think it's all quite funny, especially if that poll tops 500k. If they don't re-instate him I can see this kicking off the license fee debate & perhaps even reform of the BBC itself.

Permabanned
Why should it? Why should popularity matter in this case? Popularity is what allowed Saville to rape children for decades. The BBC should investigate, find out exactly what happened and act according to their rules and regulations.

That was apathy and an unwillingness to act. Besides child abuse isn't really the same as having a row over a sandwich.

Soldato

Yes, because we should consider every incident as though they are pedophile rapist.

Associate
Last Thursday I was working on a power line that supplied a hotel near Hawes, Yorkshire.
There were quite a few black Discoveries including one with a camera boom on the back in the car-park. Also, parked up was a new Rolls Royce, Porsche 911 and a Fiesta ST.
We soon found out that Top Gear were stopping there, sure enough James May walked out and got into the Rolls shortly followed by Hammond who got into the Fiesta. They both drove off with a camera crew, stopping by to have a little chat with us.
Just before I was about to pull the fuses a nice young lady came over and asked if I could leave the juice on a little longer. Apparently 'somebody' was a little late up and wanted his breakfast. I obliged.
About an hour later Jeremy came out, lit up a fag, jumped in the 911 and with a little wave to us drove off.

Do you think that I somehow contributed to the end of Top Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom