Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can like JC and not support the case he should immediately be reinstated and any investigation dropped.

Most of the posts I've seen, are banging on about political correctness 'gone mad' (as if workplace violence has anything to do with PC).

I'm just interested in how many people signing the petition are doing so because they know the facts of the case and think he is being treated unfairly (which is zero atm), how many just like the show and are willing to allow its presenters to live by different rules to everyone else, and how many are from the "it's not fair we can't mock ethnic minorities anymore" crowd.

Do you know the facts before you started that rant?

Clarkson is like Marmite, either you hate him or you like him, those who hate him are too quick to ridicule anyone who supports him, whats more by pertaining to know the facts when they don't.

I'm not right wing, i'm just not far left either. i would hate a world of fairy dust and puppy dogs.

So if you think it's a bit of row over nothing, as in what James May said...then your a racist?

*you're

The key word there is "think". How can you sign a petition for something which you have no knowledge of? It had thousands of signatures before James May tweeted about the subject and his tweet still doesn't tell anyone what happened.

If you don't think that the majority of people who are signing this are doing so because they just like Clarkson/Top Gear and not because they have all the available evidence and have made a considered judgement then you're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Also, I never made a direct link between being racist and supporting Clarkson. I've merely observed that a lot of vocal support is coming from people who share certain other views. I've left it to the reader to make their own judgement on that.

Last edited:
*you're

The key word there is "think". How can you sign a petition for something which you have no knowledge of? It had thousands of signatures before James May tweeted about the subject and his tweet still doesn't tell anyone what happened.

If you don't think that the majority of people who are signing this are doing so because they just like Clarkson/Top Gear and not because they have all the available evidence and have made a considered judgement than you're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Also, I never made a direct link between being racist and supporting Clarkson. I've merely observed that a lot of vocal support is coming from people who share certain other views. I've left it to the reader to make their own judgement on that.

Haha. You're full of ****

That's nothing like what you said. You said everyone on your FB feed supporting JC are same as those supporting EDL and Britain First etc.

Lol. Talk about dumb if you think you can jump the shark now.

Last edited:
Do you know the facts before you started that rant?

Clarkson is like Marmite, either you hate him or you like him, those who hate him are too quick to ridicule anyone who supports him, whats more by pertaining to know the facts when they don't.

I'm not right wing, i'm just not far left either. i would hate a world of fairy dust and puppy dogs.

Eh?

Not sure you understand. I have not signed the petition because I don't know what happened and want to wait for the findings of the investigation. If it turns out that what he did was a fuss over nothing, and I feel he has been unfairly sacked then I may sign it as well.

I'm criticising the people who are signing it before they know what's happened. The petition was launched as soon as the news broke.

Finally, what's with this latest trend of describing posts you disagree with as 'rants'?

*you're

If you don't think that the majority of people who are signing this are doing so because they just like Clarkson/Top Gear and not because they have all the available evidence and have made a considered judgement than you're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Typical political nonsense...

Perhaps they don't care about that and are just going from gut instinct.

They are allowed to have an opinion on his character and what may or may not have happened and support the guy based on that instinct whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

If you don't think that the majority of people who are signing this are doing so because they just like Clarkson/Top Gear and not because they have all the available evidence and have made a considered judgement then you're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Well said.

Despite the bombardment of petitions, I've not signed one - I do like Clarison though on TG.

I have signed the petition, I do not know the facts.

Gut instinct that this is over nothing, hyped up. I can imagine him saying something a long the lines of 'If you don't bring me and sandwich I will punch you', but that is JC and those around him should know his humor by now. I don't think he has it in him to hit someone (bar the Piers Morgan fiasco) let alone over something such as a catering disagreement (if that is what it is about). I still think this is a publicity stunt.

Even if he did hit him should he be sacked? BBC have every right to sack him, ofc they do, but I don't think they has to be the answer. Discipline him in other ways. But I feel the same about that with anyone else. Granted you can't go round hitting colleagues, and I don't condone that, but things happen in the heat of the moment. Doesn't make it right, but doesn't mean you have to give someone the boot.

Well aware that this is my opinion and that many will disagree on the latter.

Because it is a couple of silly blokes making a stupid programme about cars and stuff. It is truly trivial and doesn't matter.

Are you actually taking this whole thing seriously? It is pantomime.

Haha. You're full of ****

That's nothing like what you said. You said everyone on your FB feed supporting JC are same as those supporting EDL and Britain First etc.

Lol. Talk about dumb

Are you the real Castiel? Your comprehension skills have certainly dropped since I last read one of your posts and relying on ad hominem attacks now are we?

Again I've merely made an observation, correlation doesn't equal causation as you should know. You're the one who's made the link.

Maybe you're just upset by who your bedfellows are in this quest to ignore due process just so you can watch your favourite telly programme on Sunday night.

Because it is a couple of silly blokes making a stupid programme about cars and stuff. It is truly trivial and doesn't matter.

Are you actually taking this whole thing seriously? It is pantomime.

Of course I take workplace violence seriously, as should every employer. Are you suggesting that because someone is entertaining they should be immune from certain accusations?

You are full of it. You said one thing which I responded to and now you've changed it to something totally different.

Get I we it. You said something stupid and got pulled on it. That's it.

Fyi no I didn't sign anything, post any memes or care particularly whether top gear is hosted by JC or someone else.

I'm not a membet of Britain First either so maybe that's why!!!

;)

Last edited:
Typical political nonsense...

What was 'political' about what I said?

Perhaps they don't care about that and are just going from gut instinct.

Then they're idiots.

Maybe it's a generational thing but a petition is (or at least should be) a serious thing, not treated like poll on OCUK. You shouldn't sign a petition unless you genuinely passionate about the subject and you have the facts in front of you to consider.

They are allowed to have an opinion on his character and what may or may not have happened and support the guy based on that instinct whether you like it or not.

Which is fine, likewise I am allowed an opinion on people who launch and sign premature petitions.

Threads the length of this show how far Britain has fallen.

Why people are getting so worked up over this pubic haired jackass in yet another contrived publicity stunt?

Then again its the same people that think his carefully edited programmes are so edgy.

*you're

My judgement is that it was a very stupid observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom